Saturday, February 9, 2019

Nekotonezumi - 2


Shota/Els AU
_

"Not my right. My duty." He rummaged through his bag and pulled an extra robe out. "Put this on."

She did with some reluctance, sniffing at the fabric distastefully. "This smells like you, filth."

"Ah, good times." Hizashi grinned wickedly. "Remember when I first insulted you, ya hairless monkey?"

"I'm not hairless, and yes. You all run your mouths pretty well."

"Hairless monkey? That's more than he deserves. He's a mouse."

"A mouse, eh?" He picked her up when she refused to move, slinging her over his shoulder and ignoring her shriek of protest. "You do realize in our culture the mouse is held in greater regard than the cat?"

"Because the filthy thing tricked the cat!" 

"That's true, isn't it, Hizashi?"

"Yeah, you told me your fairy tales." 

"Besides," she snarled angrily, "like all vermin, your eyes glow red in the dark."

Hizashi doubled over laughing. They had walked a fair distance from the graves now, and the demon hunter plopped her down like a sack off his shoulder, eliciting another yowl from the cat woman. He snorted laughter and began setting up camp for the night. 

"Well." Aizawa busied himself laying sticks in a pattern for their nightly fire. "This mouse caught a cat very easily once again. So there must be something to the tales."

"I don't like using my strongest power!" She made a terrible face and pulled her hands inside her sleeves. "That's the only reason you caught me, you disgusting human!"

"Easy now," the thunder demon murmured, swirling around Aizawa's side. "You know he's part demon himself."

"No, he's not. He might have some blood in his veins, but he's not one of us." She spat, her face twisted in pain. "Only a human would inflict this much suffering without cause."

"She's got you there, y'know."

"Shut up!" He stared down at the cat woman. "There is cause here. You're being brought back to the village you terrorized. They'll decide what to do with you."

"Those idiots! I didn't do anything to them!"

"Yes." He checked her collar, making sure it wasn't about to come loose. "That's what they all say, cat."

"Don't call me cat. I'm not a beast."

"Oh? You have a name?"

"Eruri Fang." She thrust her lower lip out. "I'm called Elly now."

Aizawa raised an eyebrow. "That confirms my theory, you realize. Named demons are stronger. More of a danger to humanity."

"More lies. Humans name things to control them. They hate things they don't understand, so they tack words they do unto them. I didn't get stronger because of a stupid name."

No comments:

Post a Comment