Saturday, February 16, 2019

Mic's Interview

So, you want to talk about my relationship with Cheshire, right? Yeah. I thought so. It's weird, I ain't never done one of these before. 'Course, I haven't been in a long relationship either...

Yeah that's right, we've got rings! See, I wore mine today under my glove! It's hers from the hero line of - wha? Oh, they're not that serious yet. They're promise rings. Uh, like, before a proposal. 

(I didn't wanna come on too strong. I woulda asked right off but I'm'a take it slow).

Mm hmm. I love her like no one else.

It aches inside, but it's a good feeling, ya know? Like when you were little and you just couldn't wait for Christmas and it was only a few days away. The knowledge that it was coming made everything brighter and shinier and taste better and you would get so freaking happy. That's how she makes me feel.

She doesn't just tell me she loves me, but shows it in ways that add up to make a difference. The way she gives me a little kiss on my neck after she scrubs my back in the shower. Making sure my hair isn't caught when she helps me put on my neck speaker - it's done up by then but the little bits on the bottom hurt if they get stuck! The neck massages (yeah okay wearin' that thing, again, I get a lotta aches). Oh, and I love the coffee deliveries when I'm doin' my show early in the morning. Never know when it's gonna happen and then, <i>surprise</i>! Suddenly she's there with two steamy cups and a coupla' donuts.

Whazzat? Ugh.

Sure, lotta people say she's crazy and her family had her convinced she was unlovable. That - that's not fair. She's got times when she's down, or doesn't know how to handle somethin' and needs help. Doesn't everyone? So what if she needs a little more help, maybe, than someone else might? I can give that to her. It's not difficult and I love making her feel good in every way. My girl is talented and special, and screw all of ya that think she isn't! She's mine, not yours, so what you think doesn't matter.

Of course I think she's beautiful. My babygirl's so gorgeous it hurts.

Yeah, well, those mags calling her out are real cruel. She's a real top ten in my book, way better'n what they think. Her everything is natural, not made up or nothin' like that. That's what they can't stand. Screw 'em, I use enough freaking product for both of us. This hair doesn't come natural!

She's different, though. Doesn't wear scents like perfume or strong smelling soaps or anything. She can't; they would give her away when she uses her quirk. But she has a lovely, sweet smell that is better than anything store bought because it's all her own. Her skin is so pale and creamy, her hair and fur bright and soft. I love stroking that tail, and knowing I'm the only one she lets do it makes me happier.

And she brings out the man in me like nothing else.

I've heard guys that brag about what their women do to them like it makes 'em some kind of big guy. It's not about what they do to you, although my toes curl up at the thought of how she touches me. Did your girlfriend ever lose herself so completely in your lovin' that she screams your name like you're the only two people in the entire world? If you take her to a place where all she can think about is you, you'll feel more like a king than - than anything else. Mmm...

Sorry, got me thinkin' about last night. I, uh... is this taken down verbatim? Awww, shit. I mean, oops. Heh. No, I'm not gonna blab about what happened. We're living together, and from what I told you already you can guess we're like, sexually active. 

Remember to wrap it before y'tap it, kids! This has been a public service announcement from your local Voice Hero, Present Mic.

Fuck, my publicist is gonna hate me for this. 

What? 

She's out there waiting for me? Ah, gotta go! It's Christmas morning again and I've gotta go unwrap my presents!

No comments:

Post a Comment