Sunday, February 10, 2019

King of my Heart - 18

Els/Hizashi
_

She gleefully cancelled her stay at the hotel and they carried her woefully small amount of luggage to his place.

"D'ya want more clothes now? I mean, you only had the basic amount packed, here." He poked around and held up a lacy pair of panties, pursing his lips and rolling his eyes. "Heyyyy, are these new?"

"Zashi!" She burst out laughing when she saw he was wearing them on his head. "Take those off, you dork." She pulled them down and he wrapped an arm around her waist, humming happily.

"You could send for your things overseas."

"Oh, no," she dismissed that idea with a wave of her hand. "This is everything. I donated or dumped the whole lot before I came."

He sat on the edge of the bed. "Wait - really?"

"Yeah." She shrugged. "I was renting a place with furniture already, and I never had a lot of clothing." Elly blushed as she pulled out one frivolous item - a well-loved stuffed animal of dubious species wearing a shirt with his radio program's logo on it.

"Aw, cute," he whispered, coming up behind her. "But kinda sad. Why'd you do that?"

"It was a just bunch of things that were hurting me from my past. This trip was supposed to be about me starting over."

"Let's get you new things, then. I wanna buy you stuff, babe." He nibbled her neck, grinning when she squealed. "Let's go to the mall. We're gonna need a buncha things anyway, now you're staying."

"Mmm, I know. At least your bed is big enough."

He snickered, tickling her with his mustache. "You know it."

The mall was crowded as always. They held hands and when they had to be apart, he made sure to stay close to her. She kept protesting that she didn't need much but he made sure she bought extra clothing and enough toiletries. They ate lunch in one of the food courts and were on their way back to the campus when he suddenly stopped short, a huge grin on his face.

"Uh oh. I know that look."

He laughed. "Okay, okay. Just one more store? Please?"

"We've been to a million already!"

He shuffled the bags he was carrying and pointed with his free hand. "That one."

Elly blinked, her tail swishing cautiously around. "A jewelry store?"

He gave her his most angelic smile. "Yep. C'mon."

No comments:

Post a Comment