Thursday, January 8, 2015

About & FAQ

"It is very, very easy not to be offended by a book. You just have to shut it." - Salman Rushdie


 
Hey there! Thanks for stopping by.

If you're here, you probably are curious about a few things. Maybe I have them covered down below... let's see, shall we?











Personal stuff:

  • I'm probably older than you. I'm also female & am neurodivergent
  • I'm married (no kids, ever) and love music, writing, drawing, reading, gaming
  • I don't like to use labels ('gamer', etc) because folks mostly see bad publicity
  • I'm absolutely nuts about Roronoa Zoro & can get SUPER emotional about him
  • My husband doesn't like me to use his real name online, so I call him Zoro
  • My fave colors are aqua and purple, so all my blogs and such feature them

Will you write something for me?
I do stuff for others sometimes, but it's usually fans of my work asking for stuff of my character pairings.

I found a mistake!
Oh, hell yeah. I'm compulsive about getting everything right in my work, but even after checking and checking a lot, I can still make oopsies. I'll fix them as I go, but if you see a glaring error like a misspelling (I'm dyslexic, lol) please let me know! I dislike errors.


Can I post on your stories/blog/pages?
Yep. Everyone is allowed to post on this blog if they are polite - even anonymously -- posts simply have to be cleared by me as I receive a lot of spam.


Where does the name "Moy Mell" come from?
"Moy Mell" is known as the "Happy" or "Pleasant" plain, a.k.a the "Plains of Pleasure" in Irish/Celtic lore. I've used it as my private sanctuary since I was a little girl and first started reading the old faerie tales that began my love of writing and fantasy. You can go here to see the areas and characters or read the stories from this series.

Why are you doing this?
'Cause I like it. It's fun for me, a way to vent. Others really like my work, too, so I decided to share it with people.

This is disgusting!
I always strive to be romantic and have as much plot as possible to circulate my stories well. It's true some will contain erotica, but I feel that it is a mature type and as well-written as I can manage. This is not a blog intended to anger folks, insult them, or do anything "nasty". A healthy sexual life means many things for many different people, and this is my way of blowing off steam, so to speak. Not that it should matter - because if you don't wish to read the sexual exploits of a crazy nekomata that poses mostly as a lady with ears and a tail, then you can simply click away. In fact, please do. I will ignore any and all rants directed at me because I'm doing something you personally don't care for.

Please also note that while I may write about some diverse topics and situations, this does not mean that I necessarily condone anything any character I write about does. I write what pops into my head, and what someone's fantasies/imagination spews forth are not always what that someone would want to do/like to do in real life.


Original Characters/Concepts
I own the concept of Moy Mell and Elly Sketchit the cheshire nekomata: designs, etc.


The Trolls, They Love to Hate Me.
Of course they do. Whenever you write (or draw) anything contrary to what another person wants to see, there are bound to be trolls. I either get fans of my work, people who just shrug and move on... or those delightful beings that say they "hate" me. This section will answer some stuff  tossed at me from those less-than-polite folks. The kind that make websites, artwork, videos and more devoted to informing the internet about how terrible I am, even to saying they want to kill me*. What the hell? Me? Murderers and horrible people are out there, and you choose me? More than getting pissed, I'm flattered... I mean, christ, I have got to be good to gather that level of foolishness.



He's Mine, Not Yours
Technically, all males in Moy Mell stories/art belong to their original creators. Not me or you. If you write or draw, that's really your own personal universe. If I write or draw about the same guy, it's mine. Our universes don't ever have to cross!

Other people making the characters you like sexually active does not make them any less available to you.





You're a pedophile
Gross. Also, untrue: everyone I write about is over the age of 18. Also, they are not real. Also also wik: I don't like most real humans, let alone children. I don't like kids at all, let alone in that terribly wrong way.

You're too old for (this guy, that guy)
I was born in 1976, so, y'know. You do the math. I probably am older than you. But you'll realize as you get older that you don't age inside your mind. Well, some people do, but to quote my mother, "I still feel like I'm 18."

You're a (fill-in-the-blank)aphobe
*sigh* No matter how something was worded that I wrote - sometimes I scramble around, not getting my true meaning across (oh look at that! I'm human) -- no. Just no. I have been horribly abused because I was "different" from when I was a child, and still am in some ways. I believe that it doesn't matter what you do, who you love, or how you look. I have enough of a hard time caring about the people I love - including myself. Why should I care what you do if you're not hurting anybody? However, since I don't pull punches for anyone and try to be as honest as possible this causes a lot of misunderstandings. I can get emotional and post something that everyone seems to take the wrong way... BUT if I disagree with you, it doesn't mean I don't like you "because you're (this) or (that)". It means I fucking disagree with you.


But you're married
So? Does that mean I can't look at anyone else for the rest of my life? I love Zoro dearly. But it's human nature to be attracted to who you're going to be attracted to. It's emotionally and physically normal. He knows when I start having a new "crush" and he'll even joke about it with me. If my husband doesn't mind, someone who doesn't really know me shouldn't.


I do know this:
In closing: you probably don't know me very well, so please do not presume to judge me, especially by your ideals and what you would do/think in any situation. If something seems "obvious" for a reason why someone is doing something - you are judging based on what/how you would think. This is flawed, as I am not you and you are not me.

*You can carry hatred for what you think I did in your heart forever, even try to make me look bad in the eyes of others. That's your prerogative. But you are mistaken, for you are not my enemy.

If you want to upset me for fun, I won't play with you. Go someplace else. If you're upset over my work: don't be. Go someplace else. Going somewhere other than a place that upsets you works every time. It's not worth it to carry a vendetta over something on the internet. Live your own life, let me do the same, and everyone will be happier.

Maybe read this Guide on How to be Happy.

Hope it helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment