Sunday, February 17, 2019

Dubious Gift

Shota/Els
_

"Mr. Aizawa?" Tsyu was standing close by his desk. He frowned, glancing up from his course book. 

"What is it?"

She held a finger up in front of her wide mouth. "Ahm... so, the other night a few of us were in the mall. We saw you, too."

His face paled slightly but he only raised an eyebrow to stare at her. "I can shop, can't I?"

She tilted her head, frog croaking softly before going on. "Sure, but the guys saw you buying a ...gift. They're all talking about it."

The teacher rubbed at his bloodshot eyes with a tired groan. "Just what I needed. Thank you, Tsyu. I will handle things from here."

She nodded at him and hopped off.  Aizawa waited calmly until the end of the day before heading to the first year's dorms. 

"All right," he called out, cutting through the chatter at once. "Everyone get out here." Teenagers popped out of every corner and doors to gather in the communal living area. 

Bakugo elbowed Midoriya hard in the side when he saw the youngster standing straight at attention. "Relax, Deku. He doesn't know about your secret stash of EraserMight books."

"Ew, gross! Cut that out - you know that I don't like those! There's no way I'd <i>own</i> them!"

Aizawa stared hard at them, his eyes burning, until they shut up. "Are you done?" When they remained silent, he nodded. "It has come to my attention that a few of you saw me buying a gift the other night at the mall."

A few looked guilty, others smiled. A bunch of the girls were huddled together breathlessly, watching him with wide eyes.

Mineta spoke without thinking. "Yeah, who would've thought you were like <i>that</i>?" He trailed off, seeing people back away from him nervously. "I - I mean ... well, look, am I right? We're all thinking it!"

"I would prefer if you did not discuss my sex life," there was a collective groan of disgust as he said this, "amongst yourselves so freely. I think that Cheshire might not be as forgiving as I am being to you had she somehow found out."

"She's the school counselor,"  Momo pointed out. "She wouldn't be angry."

"Perhaps. But even if she wasn't, she would logically subject you all to an in depth <i>discussion</i> about sex and relationships, in which you might just find out more than you wish to know. About many things." He leaned back against a nearby pillar, eyeing them blandly.

Their faces fell. "Ew," someone said softly in the back, and a series of apologies started to fill the hall all at once.

He held up one hand. "I'm willing to forget this if you are."

They nodded almost as one.

No comments:

Post a Comment