Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Seven Minutes

"Why on earth did we agree to this?" Elly fussed around nervously in the dark.

"I dunno." Hizashi made a face. "Nemuri thinks she's clever? If we didn't go through with it she'd've made a bigger deal out of it?"

"Yeahhh," she drawled slowly.

"That's my line," he snorted, and she laughed. 

"Um. So. Seven minutes? Isn't it time yet?"

"Nah. I doubt it. Feels longer 'cause, ya know, the uh, dark. I guess." He fidgeted and she could hear his necklaces clinking softly against each other. "I hope there aren't any spiders in here," he muttered.

"Th - they might as well let us out. I mean, I don't know what they think is going to happen."

"Ah, sure," Hizashi said weakly. "S'not like I really wanna kiss you or anything."

"Uh huh."

"Like, in the dark... no one would know. I mean, if I did. You know." She suddenly smelled his scent, strong as he leaned closer to her. Bubblegum and leather enveloped her yet she could only vaguely make out the outline of his face.

She pressed a hand to her heart to try and still its wild beating. Aloud, she made a faint sound that was supposed to be words. "Uhm."

His nose brushed her and she closed her eyes, feeling the sweetness of his lips as he tentatively kissed her. She reached up and cupped the back of his neck and he pressed forward with extra enthusiasm. Almost as soon as the kiss deepened the door swung open and there was wild cheering from the partygoers.

"Ha! I told you!" Nemuri was grinning hugely, pointing a neatly manicured nail at the stunned pair, their eyes wide as they stood pressed so intimately together in the small space. 

"We still fell for it," Elly groaned.

"I fell for someone, all right." 

No comments:

Post a Comment