Saturday, May 18, 2019

76: Thankful

Present Mic spotted the coffee and box of donuts on his desk one spring morning. He picked up the handwritten note slipped between the striped cord that tied the box together and read it softly aloud. 

"<i>I never expected to find someone like you in my lifetime. I'm lucky to have your love and want you to know that I've never loved anyone as much as I do you.</i>".

She had included a pawprint as a signature and he smiled. 

Upon opening the box his eyes nearly popped out of his head. He went to heart-thumpingly lovey to heart-stoppingly stunned in, well... a heartbeat.

"Holy crap!"

These were only the most hard to get donuts in the prefecture. The line was huge, and he had been dying to taste them for months. He bit his lip and set one carefully aside for her before digging in.

No comments:

Post a Comment