Saturday, May 4, 2019

50 rebirth

"What'cha doing over here, Mrs. Yamada?" He playfully wrapped his arms around his new wife, grinning hugely. The apartment seemed brighter today - the whole world, even. The couple had gotten officiated before the ceremony to take the pressure off.

"Hizashi! You scared the crap out of me!"

"Oops! Sorry."

She sighed, laughing a little. "No, it's okay. I was thinking, this is it, huh?"

"It?" He stopped nuzzling her neck to stare soulfully into her eyes. 

"I no longer have that name. The one I hated so much. I'm  - I'm free."

"Yep. Everything after this is a new chapter in our lives." He held her tight, then looked quickly down when she sniffled. "Uh oh, here it comes. I thought I was gonna be first!"

She laughed through her tears, then harder when he joined her, both of them smiling in the sun-drenched apartment that was their home.

No comments:

Post a Comment