Tuesday, May 21, 2019

95: Optimistic

Elly scrolled through her phone again, and once more she snorted with annoyance. 

"Hey, uh, babe? S'up with that? You've been checking your phone for a few days now, lookin' more and more pissed."

She sighed. "Well, I ordered something custom from Etsy a few days ago." She paused. "Six days ago, in fact. It was a pretty big order, and the shop says they ship within three to five days."

"Uh huh." He took his coffee cup and set it under the pot. "Nothing?"

"Not a word sent to me from the seller. Nothing at all. I mean, with this big an item I expected a 'hi, I'm working on this' - you know, professional contact."

He grinned. "That's what should happen, but there's your problem." He added cream and sugar.

"Ughhh, I know! Anyone with talent can open a shop, but it takes basic customer service skill. You can't just do whatever and think you're going to get super positive reviews if you don't update people! Now she relisted the item I bought today. Fine. But what about the one I ordered?!"

"It'll get here. You just have to remain positive." Hizashi was taking the next step to getting his coffee just right: microwaving it to warm it back up. He always added so much sugar and creamer it cooled it down too much. "Your stuff always does, right?"

"Yes. I know... bleah."

"Positive," he chuckled.

"...yay?"

"Better. We'll work on it." He removed his cup after the beep and promptly burned his lips on the mug when he sipped. Yep. Just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment