Monday, May 13, 2019

Counseling Sessions

I used to have a blog relating abusive moments from my past. It helps me come to terms with the fact that parents can, and do, abuse their children. Since I'm not active on social media anymore, I'm moving my real life stories here to be related by my fictional self. They will contain mental and physical abuse from fellow peers and adults such as parents, family, teachers and doctors: those that should have supported and helped a child, but hurt me instead. 

My pain is very real, and the stories are as well (though ages, names and places have often been changed for anonymity's sake). Please do not read the following collection if abuse may upset you. 

On the other hand, if you suffer or have in the past and need someone to talk to, I'm almost always around. Even if it's  hard to believe through your struggles, this is true: you are special, and you are loved. You will find someone to share life with that makes it awesome.



-


"You want what, princess?" Hizashi poked his glasses quickly back up on his nose with one finger and went back to washing the dishes.  

"I need to talk to you, sweetie," Elly said nervously. "Like - like why I'm freaking out right now. I've had a lot of things happen to me that I have problems with."

He smiled sadly at her, his arms up to the elbows in soapy water. "I know. Go ahead, tell me what you need. You know I'm here for you."

"I live you."She hugged him spontaneously and he giggled. 

"Tickles!"

"Whoops, sorry. Where was it this time?"

"M'not saying," he sing-songed, sticking his tongue out. "You'll just use it against me later."

Elly smiled and kissed his neck. "Okay."

He squirmed. "Awww, now you know that's a spot!"

"Every where is a 'spot' with you!"

"Not really. Well... maybe." He shook most of the water off a plate and set it in the drying rack. "Now, what's this idea thing again?"

"I want to tell you stuff that happened to me. You don't really know how many triggers I have. Like the - the dishes." She flinched when he took up the towel but he didn't say anything, just started drying some things. "I'm going to be very blunt, Zashi."

He set the towel down and took her forearms in both hands, staring deeply into her eyes. "Yes."

"I need you to validate me. My thoughts. Like, how f - fucked up my life was as a child. I need to discuss things with the only person that has loved me unconditionally, an - and..." She struggled, took a deep breath, and went on. "Work through things with you."

"Yes," he said softly again. His glorious green spiralled eyes swam with love and support for her. She could see pain, as well - and she paused.

"Hizashi, if it's ever too much, let me know, okay? Like, I want your help but if you get overwhelmed or depressed or anything please let me know. I don't want to burden you."

He embraced her gently, stroking her hair. "Nah, princess, I'm happy you want to do this. I want to know all of you, 'kay? But I promise if I get too sad I'll let you know."

"Good," she sighed wearily, hugging him tightly.


No comments:

Post a Comment