Sunday, March 10, 2019

Wonderland - 15

Elly woke earlier than usual when her phone chimed in a text. She blinked sleepily, yawning and squinting at the glowing screen.

<b>Eraser</b>: <i>Ches, meet with me at my apartment before work, please.</i>

<b>Cheshire</b>: <i>Sure, just let me get ready.</i>

She showered and changed into her hero costume in record time. Aizawa would not ask for this unless he had reason and this worried her. Still, she didn't know what he wanted. The walk to campus was brisk this early and she was glad for that as it gave her extra time to wake up. 

He was waiting for her outside his door as she approached, one foot propped against the wall bent at the knee. A very light wind ruffled his dark hair and the scarves about his neck.

"Hey." 

"Hi. What's up?" 

He placed his arm about her shoulders and looked up at the main building of the school. "Let's take a walk."

They started down the path from the teachers' complex and Elly unconsciously leaned against his warmth. Aizawa glanced down at her and gave her a small squeeze. 

"Is it bad?" Her voice shook.

"No." Remarkably, he didn't pause as a groundskeeper waved at them nearby and nodded at the man as they passed. She was baffled at his open display of affection, although he had shown on several occasions now he was capable of it. "You're shaking. Are you cold?"

"N - no, I'm nervous! Every time someone wanted to meet up early or anything like this happened to me, it was something bad. You can say it's not, but I'll still panic."

"I would not lie to you."

"I know." She stared at their feet. 

"That doesn't mean I don't understand. I was ... worried the other day, too. No, that's not entirely true." He frowned. "I've <i>been</i> worried. But not any longer. If the school doesn't accept you, I know how you can stay."

"Really?!" They had reached the doors and he stepped up to open them for her. 

"Yes." 

Elly sighed, smiling faintly. "All right." She knew he was not that big a talker, but this felt more like he didn't want to say just yet. So she dropped the topic for now. It was enough that he said he had found a way; as he had said before he wouldn't lie to her. "So why did we come in extra early?"

"I wanted to spend more time with you." He led her down the hall to her office and opened the door. She sniffed curiously, smelling fresh, hot coffee and breakfast. An American breakfast!

"Oh my gosh, Shota - " She lost herself so much she used his first name. He grinned, knowing this meant he had pleased her. "Did you... who?"

He shrugged. "Let's just say I owe Lunchbreak some favors now." His grin blossomed into a soft, wholesome smile as he watched her naming all the dishes laid out on the fold out table he had set up. 

"There's all my favorites! Did I ever tell you I loved corn beef hash? I don't even remember!" 

Aizawa walked over and took her hand, bringing it up to his heart. "You did. I didn't know what it was and honestly, Ches, it looks like what a dog might eat and not a cat... but I'm happy you like this."

"No one's ever done anything this sweet for me before. I don't know what to say." She let him pull her in for a special hug with them in all their gear. She could feel the hard outline of the goggles hidden under his scarves and he was again amazed at the softness of her suit.

"Then eat. I'll join you."

No comments:

Post a Comment