Saturday, March 9, 2019

Challenge 100 - 25 adoration

"Can I ask what is it with you guys and our relationship? We get asked nonstop now."

The interviewer smiled disarmingly. "A lot of people here see you two so obviously, so deeply in love and think 'how can I get that for myself?' I think most folks are curious. That's all."

Elly flicked her tail tips idly about. "I - well -- like I said, I wasn't even looking for a relationship. Personally I think that's a big reason things went so well. I was more relaxed and open. I just... saw him, and it clicked, I guess. It's so hard to describe."

"Present Mic has said that you two are living together now - "

A chorus of hoots and "ooh's" filled the studio. Elly blushed and winked at the camera. "We are."

"And is that a ring on your finger?"

"Well, yes." She held it up and the black and yellow stones shone under the stage lights. "It's not an engagement ring, though. It's the one that goes before that. A promise ring. He has one, too. Basically he's told me he will propose but not right away. I would have said yes to that right away, too, though. Mic is special." Her eyes shone with love as she spoke of him.

"You're killing me," the other woman sighed. "True love is one thing, but you two are inseparable." She paused. "Oh, and speaking of that..." At a crook of her finger the curtain moved and a beaming Hizashi in full hero garb strolled out.

Elly squeaked. "You didn't tell me!"

He grinned as he walked over to the couch and sat next to her, kissing her on the cheek and curling an arm around her shoulders. "Surprise, babe."

"Uh oh," the interviewer laughed a little. "From the look of things, we might have lost these two."

The heroes stared lovingly at one another for one more moment, then broke into giggles. 

"Nah, we're okay. I am now, anyways." He squeezed her and she smiled. 

"Me, too."

"Mic, a lot of people have been talking lately about you two, and I bet it can get a little overwhelming."

He shrugged. "Hey, my listeners can say whatever they want about me. But! If it upsets my babygirl, then I have a problem with it." He stared into the camera, lowering his glasses so his eyes could be seen clearly. "Ya dig?"

"Mikey."

"Oh, gosh that's cute."

He squirmed. "Aw, now yer makin' me blush on tv!"

Elly chuckled. "He's adorable. How can I not love this man? Look, ladies. I know everyone gets all into the juicy details in those magazines and articles online and stuff. And yes, we're very compatible. Everywhere."

Mic's ears started to burn but he just grinned. "Yep."

"He cares about me, and takes the time to do all the little things I like or that need doing before I can get to them. Don't laugh, but part of the reason I love him so much is he takes out the trash if it's full. Because he's considerate."

"I didn't know that." He scratched his chin.

"He's incredibly handsome, and his voice is stunning - of course, I'm biased but it is his quirk. And he makes me laugh but knows when to be serious." She placed a hand on his, meeting his startled look with one of utter and complete love. "I can't explain it like I want to, but my love for him damn near breaks my heart."

The audience freaked out. 

Other publications actually labeled what occurred as such: "audience freaks out over Cheshire's declaration of love" was a popular headline. Clips went viral and audience reaction photos became memes. 

Just another day in the life of two ridiculously in love pro heroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment