Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Moy Mell 17

Elly left the medical building reluctantly. She didn't want to leave Aizawa or Zoro, and they were both there now. That wasn't to say she was left alone, of course. For some reason, perhaps because they were stretched for regular guards at the moment, Shaggy ended up walking beside her back to the mansion.

"If I'd been there, those guy's wouldn't've gotten any closer," he muttered, cracking his knuckles ominously. His eyes flickered, a white sheen momentarily obscuring the pupils and causing them to glow.

"What was that?" She flicked her ears over at him. 

"Oh! Nothing." His eyes quickly drained back to normal. "I mean, like, they've got people all over, everywhere now! You'll be safe. I know I'm not that strong but I can carry you, and I run <i>really</i> fast."

"You're hyper alert to danger, too," she added. "Those are all good skills. I'd never mock you, Shaggy." She looked up at the darkening sky and he walked a little closer. She could smell the incense on his clothing, a soothing smell, and smiled.

"I know." He grinned sheepishly at her. "Um... when we get back, can I stay for dinner? I'm starved, and Scoob was left <i>all day</i> in our apartment. I doubt there's any food left there."

"Sure! Sanji won't mind. He loves feeding everyone, but he says people like you are the best. You appreciate him a lot."

He nodded vigorously. "Oh, yeah, I do!"

The kitchen was warm and filled with good smells. The blond young man had taken to cooking up a storm in order to dampen his anxiety. When he saw Elly he shrieked and flung his arms around her, crushing her to him in a massive embrace. 

"Ack! Cut it out!"

"But - but I was so worried..!" His eyes were streaming tears, the one as always hidden under that fall of gold hair. "They told me you got <i>hurt</i>."

She growled under her breath. "It's nothing," she said for what felt like the hundredth time that day. "I heal fast, and Aizawa took the strike intended for me."

"That's right," the cook muttered. "I'll send him some homemade... what does he like again? No matter, I'll look it up later."

"He hardly eats decent food," Shaggy supplied helpfully. 

"Are <i>you</i> her body guard now?!"

"Everyone was busy." He spread his hands and shrugged his bony shoulders. 

"Shaggy's perfectly capable of getting me to safety, Sanji. He's been in tons of dangerous situations and never gotten hurt."

Sanji thrust his chin out pugnaciously at the scrawny young man and went to set an extra place at the table. 

"Thanks, man."

"Wooow. Good thing you came. There's so much food here!"

"I was nervous." The chef sat down with a glass of wine beside her. "It was all I could think to do. Besides, tomorrow we can set up the leftovers for all the staff that worked really hard helping out today."

Shaggy paused with his mouth full. "Leftovers?"

He coughed. "Yeah, uh. There's more in the cold storage. I may have gone a little overboard."

No comments:

Post a Comment