Saturday, March 9, 2019

Deal With it


"Mr. Aizawa, I need some advice about, um. Girls." The boy stared down at him where he lay on the floor, his expression nervous. He'd better be - disturbing the erasure hero during one of his naps was an extremely bad idea. 

Aizawa raised an eyebrow at the teenager, his eyes flat and expressionless. "Go to the guidance counselor."

"No way! I, err, I need your opinion. It's serious. I can't talk to a girl."

The laconic teacher bent himself in two, sitting up. A hand slowly emerged to unzip his yellow sleeping bag, and he crawled out of the warm cocoon in disgust. "Talk," he grunted, sitting in his chair.

"Well, I ... you see, I'm in love with someone else's girlfriend. One of my friend's girlfriends."

"Does this boy have several?"

"You know what I mean." The teenager crossed his arms, frowning.

Aizawa stared at him so hard that he started to squirm. After several long moments, he sighed. "It's probably just a crush. It will pass."

"But I've felt this way for a long time. I had crushes before, I don't think this is one."

The erasure hero stared off into the distance, his eyes far away. "In that case, there are no good options. Thus, the best solution is to keep quiet and simply deal with it."

"What?!"

"You doubt this?"

"Of course! It can't be hopeless... I mean, I really hurt here. I don't know what to do."

The older man rubbed at the back of his neck with one hand. "Here are your options. One," he ticked it off on his finger, "you tell him about your feelings. You lose him as a friend."

"Yeah, probably..."

"Two: you tell her. She does not reciprocate. You lose your friend when she tells him, or situations become too awkward to be around him anyway." He added another finger. "Three: you tell her and she is in love with you. You lose your friend and gain her, but always wonder why she was with him if she had feelings for you." He paused to look directly at the now shaken student. 

"That - that all <i>sucks</i>," he said weakly.

"Do nothing," he repeated. "It's the most logical course of action." Aizawa's eyes widened suddenly, and his breath caught in his throat. The teen turned to see the guidance counselor herself poking her head in the door. Her furry purple ears flicked towards them.

"Hey, Eraser," she smiled, "just checking to see if you were going to make it later." She waved at the student and he nodded, noting how Aizawa's normally pale face had flushed across the bridge of his nose.

"I'm busy," he said shortly.

"Too bad. Hey," she giggled as a leather-clad arm swept in to curl around her waist. "He's not coming tonight."

Present Mic stuck his head in beside Cheshire's and pouted a little. "Too busy again?"

He nodded. "I'll be at the next one."

"Pffft, okay. You're missin' out." He kissed Elly on the cheek and they walked out together.

The boy narrowed his eyes at the teacher, his mouth opening as if to ask another question. Aizawa's hair flew up and his eyes flashed red.

"Out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment