Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Challenge 100 - 4 hate



Mic flicked a switch on the panels in front of him. "Hey, hey, listener - you're live! Tell me whatcha wanna hear, hmm?"

"Hey, uh. We kind of wanna hear that you're going to dump that lunatic you're with."

Present Mic's face stilled, paling and becoming more Hizashi at the moment than his hero persona. "Hey, now - that's not very nice," he admonished the person. "You're off the air, naughty listener." He cut them off as they were protesting.

<i>I hope Ches isn't listening right now,</i> he thought, worried. He shook himself all over, wiggling right down to his fingerless gloves, and pulled himself together. 

"Awwwright, let's try another call, hey? Hey! Howzit goin' there, listener! You're on <i>putcha hands up radio</i>! You got a request for me?"

"I agree with the last caller," the female on the line said firmly. 

Mic banged his head on the table,  then dragged it wearily back up to the microphone. "You got a partner, listener?"

"What, am I in a relationship?"

"Yeah."

"I'm married," she said proudly. "Just this past winter."

"How'd you feel if someone told you to dump him?" 

"Pffft," she huffed into her phone. "He's fine, though. You're dating someone whose title is 'Insanity Hero'."

"Okay, okay," he said very clearly in a serious, deep tone that he never used when he was on the air. He dropped the caller and then cleared his throat. 

"I call you my listeners - I want you all to do just that right now. <i>Listen up, and listen good</i>. I don't care if I'm supposed to be all PC and say a certain thing. I love Ches, and it's not your place to tell me that I shouldn't. I'm not going to answer this again and I'm going to cut any hate calls immediately."

He paused, took a deep breath and glanced over at his cell phone lock screen. They had gone to one of those silly photo booths and taken a bunch of pictures during one if their first dates. He had his favorite one as his lock, and one other as his home screen. She looked so sweet and happy as he kissed her cheek, both of them smushed together in the tiny area. 

"So, all right! We're gonna launch into a twenty minute music blast from the past, an' when we're done rockin' with those I'll take some more requests!"

No comments:

Post a Comment