Tuesday, March 12, 2019

100 Challenge - 88 feelings

"It's going to be okay. I love you."

Eight words that she repeated, over and over again as he sobbed against her, his body shaking. His face was hot on her chest and he had wet the front of her t-shirt with tears.

"You're allowed to have a bad day," she said quietly. "Don't let it get you down. I know part of your hero persona is that you're always happy and cranked to eleven, but it's okay."

Hizashi sniffled, winding down just a little. "M'sorry, Ches, I don't know why I'm like this tonight. Really."

She shrugged. "You don't need to apologize, sweetie. And you don't need a reason to feel like crap. It just happens sometimes. Built up stress, whatever."

"Ugh." He gave her a squeeze and she smiled, kissing his forehead as he looked up at her. "I guess I play the cheerful dude too much. And then people act like I'm this worthless hero."

"I don't think you're worthless. It really makes me angry when people say those things to you... or hell, even act like it." Her tail frizzed out as she spoke.

He kissed her this time, aiming for her cheek, and she dipped so he caught her mouth instead. "Mnn. Thanks, babe. But I mean... I know what I do. I get it. I do it because everybody needs a little pep in their life."

"Hope, Hizashi. Pro heroes give people hope, too. You offer the usual chance to save them, but add several other things. You teach the next generation of heroes, for one, and two, you make people smile."

He grinned, blushing. "You're biased, kiddo." He reached out, sitting up now, and gently touched her nose. "Beep."

She stuck her tongue out at him. He laughed. "I personally think you burden yourself too much, Zashi. You were bound to explode sooner or later. But, I don't want to sound like I'm telling you what to do."

"Nah. I get it. I worry about you, too. You're just like a little teapot sometimes, princess. I love you, and I'm kinda startin' to notice when you're aboit to go off. Maybe everybody has these issues..? I feel like we're weird but we're probably not."

"Oh, we're weird." She laughed out loud and threw her arms around his neck, immediately starting to fiddle with his necklaces. "I like weird. Regular is too boring for me."

No comments:

Post a Comment