Thursday, March 7, 2019

Challenge 100 - 47 - longing

Elly and Hizashi were snuggled up tight next to each other on the couch under their favorite blanket. It was warm, fuzzy, and was imprinted with a night scene, complete with full moon and a leopard roaring under the stars. 

They were randomly flipping through their streaming options when one of those "cute kid does something" stories on a news channel someplace popped up. Hizashi paused to watch since a cat was also involved. 

"Ha!" He pointed with the remote. "They both got brain freeze at the same time!" 

Elly laughed openly at the stunned faces on the screen. "I'm not sure which is cuter."

"Hmm. What if the kid had kitty ears?" He reached out and fluffed hers affectionately.

"Hmm." She purred softly. "You know, if we had kids we might get that."

"They would look like you?" He smiled. "I could live with that."

"They might look like you, mister, but with cat ears!"

He snorted, squeezed her tight. "Okay, okay. But what would we name 'em, babe? You like any names? Ever thought about it?"

She blushed shyly and nuzzled into his side, inhaling his sweet, sleepy scent. "Don't you dare make fun of me, Hizashi Yamada..."

"Oh? Me?" He widened his green eyes in an effort to look innocent. He almost managed it, but the sly twist to his lips ruined the effect. 

"I'm too indecisive. I always think I could come up with something better. Especially..." She stopped un mid sentence and bit her lip.

"Hmm?" Hizashi hummed softly, stroking her hair back into place from his gentle teasing earlier. "Especially with me?"

"I feel so old <i>fashioned</i>," she fretted. "I never thought about this before and all of a sudden I'm imagining what our babies would look like and - and I really want that."

"Hoo boy, princess," he breathed. "Sounds like yer clock is more than tickin'. It's doing that sproingy cartoon thing. You know, like when they show 'em going superfast..?"

"Yeah. That." Elly murmured, then added in a much lower voice, "But it's not 'cause of my age."

She sometimes forgot that he had pretty good hearing for someone that deafened others. "I know, babe. It's because it's me, an' it's you. S'okay to say it."

She choked. "Say..."

He leaned close to her ear, turning it towards him with his fingers. "I would ab-solutely love to have a baby with you. When we've been married a little while and are ready, that is."

No comments:

Post a Comment