Sunday, September 22, 2019

Best of both worlds 15

They fell only a short distance this time, and onto a padded area the staff had set up for their return. He rolled onto his back and caught her in his arms before she even hit the padding,  however, causing Midnight to smirk.

Hizashi whistled softly. "Hey, you guys aren't gonna believe this shit."

"She was telling the truth." Nezu cut right to the point.

"Yep."

The principal nodded. "I assumed so after seeing how attached she appeared to be to you."

He grinned sheepishly. "Well. What do we do next?"

Ana spoke up. "You said there aren't any quirks there, right? They don't work?"

Hizashi nodded. "Mine didn't."

"Then I'm going in."

"Whaaat?"

"Look, I hate knowing I have this dangerous power. I've hated my quirk all my life and always thought I would be better without it. I just want to live quietly somewhere where people don't have superpowers. I thought it was a dream, but it's possible now."

"And I wanted your reality," Elly piped up. "I'm not myself in mine, I hurt and it's hard for me to go on living. I have so much more going for me here, though."

Mic's hand slowly crept over to hers and wrapped around it. "Yeah," he agreed.

She blushed.

"I'm going in." The man walked steadily forward.

"Um. You might want to change the spot around twenty feet off to the left. Otherwise, you're gonna land in her house."

"Good idea." He waved at them and pelted off. The group watched until the portal closed for the final time and then turned to welcome the new resident of their world.

Aizawa groaned. Midnight chuckled wickedly, and there were some startled exclamations at the sight of Hizashi and Elly holding each other tight, her head resting on his chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment