Friday, September 20, 2019

Best of both worlds 10

He showed up at her door at seven and tapped a little rhyming beat on her door. Elly took a deep breath and opened it with a welcoming smile.

Her heart beat faster and she swooned, though he didn't notice. Hizashi was dressed casually, in a dark shirt over a red tank top, khakis and some jewelry. Two plain necklaces in gold and silver fell against his chest as he leaned in past the door and on his wrist holding it open there was a beaded red bracelet. The long, blond hair he had that was up during the day had been groomed and tamed down into a multi-bun, with some of it dangling down his neck.

<i>Dear god, he was adorable.</i>

"Hey hey, you ready?"

She nodded, then couldn't resist adding, "I didn't really have the hardest time picking out my clothes." The drawer behind her was filled with U.A pants and t-shirts. She had chosen a black shirt and the jeans she had been wearing when she fell into their world. They were at least a little fancier than the sweatpants the school provided and had been washed recently.

He chuckled at this. "Well, if you end up stayin' longer you'll hafta just shop for more stuff."

"That wouldn't be too bad. Except I, uh, am completely broke." She followed him and they walked out into the cool night air.

"Well. What d'ya do back home?"

"Honestly? Very little. My skills are all creative, and it's hard to break into those fields."

"Creative? That's cool. Like, what exactly?"

"Well..." She hesitated. "I draw, write and kind of sing."

He perked up, his green eyes brightening. "Sing? What kind of music?"

Elly laughed. "All kinds. I'm not into everything but I <i>appreciate</i> a lot. I guess... if I had to pick I like a lot of club mixes, dance music and pop. Catchy stuff." They were almost to the gates now, and she could see the bright lights of the city glowing in a welcoming fashion across the street.

He told her his favorite bands and music, and they chatted about mixing and various music-related topics until he raised an eyebrow. "Wait. You really-really know a lot about stuff. You sing a lot?"

"Yes," she blushed, suddenly shy. "I, uh. Was told I might have made a career out of it <i>but</i>," she added when his grin got bigger. "I mean, I never di - "

"Karaoke!"

She blinked. "Wha..?"

He was pointing to a building nearby. "Let's go in!"

Several beers, a plate of carefully chosen sushi and countless songs later he was fully infatuated. He sat, grinning like a fool as he listened to her sing. All he kept thinking was that he was <i>really</i> lucky that Ana had come to them for help.

No comments:

Post a Comment