Tuesday, December 10, 2019

King of my heart 24

Elly stretched and looked up at the clock on her wall. It was still early, and she decided she needed an extra coffee to get the rest of her filing done. She ambled off down the hall, heading to the teacher's lounge. Classes weren't quite started yet, so teachers were milling about and it wasn't really a surprise when she came upon the scruffy homeroom teacher in the room. She paused only slightly and then nodded to him.

Aizawa acknowledged her with a look, his bloodshot gray eyes enigmatic as always though she could see a slightly bitter twist to his lips. He sat in a chair as far away as possible while she fumbled for change in the hidden pouch in the fur on her bodysuit.

The door swung open and Hizashi bounced in, zippers on his leather jacket jingling as he moved. He waved cheerfully at the sleepy homeroom teacher and turned, only to find himself staring into his girlfriend's face. A blush burned his cheeks and his fingers that had been reaching for a lone can sitting on the counter beside the vending machine twitched.

She grinned and took a step forward.

"Uh. Hey." He smiled at her and nodded, not going for the hug she had stepped into. "Forgot my coffee," he blurted nervously, grabbing the can before he spun on his heel and left the room.

Elly stood speechless, her expression baffled. A flicker of pain showed in her purple eyes but she quickly composed herself and turned to get her own coffee.

Aizawa frowned briefly at the back of his friend as he left, hurriedly slamming the door behind him. He huffed under his breath and left to get to class like the others.

Present Mic was nearing the end of first period when his phone buzzed in his pocket.

<b>Cheshire</b>: <i>You ok? Not angry at me or anything?</i>

<b>Mic</b>: <i>What?</i>

<b>Cheshire</b>: <i>I thought maybe this morning you were avoiding me...</i>

<b>Mic</b>: <i>Oh shit no! No no no no sorry. Oh shit. Shota was there so I thought I'd play it safe and not jump all over you???</i>

<b>Cheshire</b>: <i>Oh! Ok, that's ok. Phew! We can talk later at break, love you</i>

<b>Mic</b>: <i>Sorry baby ♡ you</i>

Both of them were relieved yet still nervous until lunch.

"Mmmn." Mic sighed, his eyes closed with a large, blissful smile stretching his lips. They were resting in her office, him seated in a chair and her behind him, her arms draped around his shoulders. Both had taken their speakers off for the duration of the break.

"I hafta apologize for the way I acted this morning."

"Okay." She kissed his neck and he shivered pleasantly.

"Nmm! No fair cheating." But he didn't move, letting her pamper him outrageously with kisses and soft petting. "M'really, really, sorry though. I thought it was the best idea, since Sho is hurting an' all."

"Not being affectionate around him won't help, sweetie. First, he'll know why you're doing it - you're not one to hide your emotions and neither am I. And second, it feels condescending, pitying. He's not the type of man that will accept pity, even in his best interest."

"Yeah," he admitted quietly. "I fucked up. I knew that by the time you texted me to ask what was wrong. I didn't think you'd think I was mad at you." He reached up with his long arms and pulled her closer against him. "Mikey sowwy."

"C'mon, seriously." She bit her lip to stop the flow of giggles.

"I'm totally serious!" His brow was scrunched tight with worry. "It's so hard watchin' him look at you like that, and then ... and, uh, then." He trailed off, his sunglasses slipping to reveal his wide green eyes underneath. "Er..."

"Is this more if a problem than I thought?"

"No." He sighed and closed his eyes, slapping himself on the forehead. "No babe, really it isn't. I'm sorry for him an' kinda jealous, too, but I'm a big boy. I can handle it 'cause I love you an' trust you and him both."

"Okay." She hugged him once more before he got up to get back to class.

Hizashi never thought he would be having the same conversation twice, but his best friend was waiting for him in his classroom when he returned.

"Uh... something you needed?" He blinked in confusion at the scruffy man, who shook his head and pointed at him.

"Don't you dare hurt her to spare my feelings," he said in the flattest tone of voice possible. "My irrational emotions should not mean more to you than her love, friend or not."

Mic opened and then closed his mouth when he saw how serious Aizawa was.

"Understand?"

He nodded.

"Good." He shoved his hands in his pockets and shuffled tiredly out. The voice hero watched him leave with a faint smile, inwardly promising that he'd never misjudge the man again.

No comments:

Post a Comment