Saturday, January 23, 2021

Wonderland 25 (end)

 Nezu grinned at Elly over his cup of tea the next morning. "Decided you might stay at his apartment, then? Then it's settled." He shuffled some paperwork about and nodded. "Ahhh. Here it is! Just need your signature ..."


She was amused to find everything was already filled out but her name at the bottom. She scanned it quickly and signed. "You knew, though, didn't you? That we'd probably end up together?"

He laughed, his ears perking up. "There was a good possibility, yes. Strangely enough, I believe you two were made for each other."

"I think we were," she laughed. "I wouldn't have figured he was such a sweetheart at first, but he's the best man I know."

"He's a huge softie," the large mouse informed her sagely. "Just ask around, I'm sure the others would tell you more tales of his gooey interior."

She choked back a snort of laughter and bowed. "Well, thank you, Mr. Principal! I'd better get to work." She got up and was in the act of reaching for the door handle when he cleared his throat.

"Welcome home, Ms. Cheshire."

Never had she been happier to hear those words.

No comments:

Post a Comment