Thursday, January 28, 2021

Mark 7

 Hizashi swung her through the threshold of his home, stepping inside and kicking his boots off in one fluid motion. Elly removed her simple sneakers, looking around as she did. The decor was simple, modern but with a good splash of seventies kitsch thrown in.


There was a living room space to the left that had a double glass door that led onto a fenced-in patio. To the right was a huge kitchen with a bar and island, and stools set up to one side. Farther over appeared to be the dining room but it wasn't too visible from where she stood, nor could she see any rooms that were in the hallway by the kitchen so she assumed it was long. She set her shoes near his and walked further in.

Hizashi popped up from behind the bar in the kitchen. "You want something to drink? I got soda of all kinds, juice, beer, some spritzers  ...oh and there's a full bar but I, uh. I'm not good at mixing stuff an' I dunno if you even want to drink alcohol?"

"What kind of spritzers?" She wandered over and he clicked cans against bottles as he rummaged in the fridge.

"Cherry, mango, peach - bleah, I hate peach -- um. Oh, and kiwi."

"Hmm. I'll take mango."

"Sure thing!"  He grabbed a can and held it up. "Outta the can or glass with ice?"

"How did you know?" Elly grinned. "I always make everything super cold when I drink."

"Ha! So do I. I even put ice cubes in my beer - a friend threatened me about that, once." He snickered as he remembered and took another can for himself, then opened an upper cabinet to bring two glasses out. "There we go." He soon handed her the drink with a flourish.

"This is good. And your place is really nice, but I agree with your friends. It's huge!"

"Yeah, it is." He flopped down on a black suede sofa and stared somewhat morosely around. "My friends are right. But," he smiled again when she sat next to him. "But it's less lonely when someone else is here." He picked up his phone and fiddled with it for a minute, and soon strains of lovely, soothing music filled the room. Another touch and most of the lighting dimmed, leaving the room drenched in secretive darkness except for a soft glow from the moon shining outside and a row of lights under the kitchen counter.

"I knew you'd have a good sound system." Elly relaxed and sipped her drink, closing her eyes and letting the music waft over her. "You know... you're putting more effort into entertaining than any of my old boyfriends did. Isn't that funny? I always thought soulmates just, I don't know. Didn't have to go through the motions. I never thought too hard about it."

"Well yeah, I mean... some people think that having found their soulmate means that's it. Like, they don't hafta work at the relationship. But <i>why</i>?" He set his glass down on the table in front of them and crossed his arms. "They're given this awesome chance, you know, with the person they're meant to be with. And they take it for granted."

She placed her glass down firmly. "That's what bugged me. I really thought it was bullshit... until Kayama found hers and their marks flowed." When she glanced over at him he was close, his hazel eyes filled with understanding. Elly felt a shiver run up her spine, the anticipation causing her tail to fluff out. He saw this and grinned.

"Pretty kitty," he murmured before he reached out to cup her head in one hand, bringing her closer for a drink-sweetened kiss. It was quite more serious than the ones they had shared on the beach, and both were breathing hard when they parted.

They were silent for awhile, and then he reached over and paused the music. "Can we check something? I wondered if ours would still move if there wasn't music. Aside from the initial reaction, that is."

"Hmm." She stared at hers, so pretty when it activated, so plain without.

"And what if we put 'em together? Like, our actual arms touching." He slid his hand over and clasped it in his, lowering his body so their arms rested together. He moved slowly so she could protest if she wanted, but Elly was quiet. She was impressed by his strength to hold himself above her for so long without any trembling in his muscles. They finally lay together, her tail twining about his legs and their faces inches apart.

Their Marks were pulsing, the rainbow colors brighter than ever and glowing again in the night.

"Oh... oh, wow."

"There's no music but they're still going."

Hizashi swallowed hard and rested his forehead on hers, his eyes filled with unshed tears. "Babe, it's our heartbeats. If there's no music, they match our - our... we've got <i>one heartbeat</i>." He trailed off, groaning softly with passion. "Kiss me," he pleaded. "<i>Kiss me, please</i>, I can't stand it anymore. I don't know how it's possible, but I'm so in love with you!"

Since Elly felt exactly the same, she didn't hesitate, wrapping her free arm around his neck to caress the back of his head. He held her hand throughout the kiss, and for the next several until he needed to take his glasses off. After setting them aside, his lips and hands grew much busier, trailing down her neck and body. She played with the bun at the back of his head until his hair came free, tumbling down over his back and shoulders.

Hizashi's mouth was hot on her neck, sucking and kissing. "Mnn, there it goes," he whispered. "My hair's my makeout meter. Little strands fall out during play, but when it all comes falling <i>down</i>..."

She gasped, her eyes closing in bliss. "Oh god, <i>Hizashi</i>."

"I want to take you into the bedroom, baby," he whispered. "Give you the first night of the rest of our lives."

How on earth could she say no to <i>that</i>?

No comments:

Post a Comment