Thursday, January 28, 2021

Temptation 22

 Hizashi lingered in bed as she stretched and looked around for her clothing. "I wish we could cuddle," he sighed wistfully, eyeing her warm body with longing. "I feel so close to you now."


Elly sat on his lap, pulling his arms around her and kissing him. "I do, too. And I want to cuddle just as much, but if we stay too long dinner will get cold."

At the mention of the demon in the kitchen, however subtle, he stiffened, his eyes going wide. "Oh. Oh, I was a little loud, wasn't I. Is he going to..?"

"If he was going to attack you, sweetheart, he'd have done it already." She handed him his clothes with a gentle smile. He positively beamed at the nickname and slipped his shirt back on.

Once they were dressed they headed into the kitchen, where the lack of any kind of smell threw them off guard. The absence of dinner was explained when the angel found Shota laying on the floor, however.

"What the?!" He bent and patted his cheeks. "He passed out."

Elly rushed over on his other side and stroked his forehead. "Shota? What happened?!"

"Wh... ah, fuck." He opened his gray eyes with an irritated grimace. "I'm fine," he grunted as Hizashi helped him up.

"Are you?" She watched him closely.

"Yeah, what gives? How long were you out like that?"

"Not long." He stared at the mess he'd made and sighed.

"Well, what happened?"

"I, ah, ate too much. Though it was kind of a force feeding situation at the end." He blinked mildly at the blond haired being. "I wasn't aware your kind could incite that <i>much</i> pleasure in a partner."

The angel looked a little startled, and then he started to blush furiously.

"I'll just get some takeout," Elly shrugged. She made as if to pick up the keys next to her bag on the counter near the door, but Shota stopped her.

"You've got literal afterglow," he pointed out, rubbing the back of his neck and wincing. "<i>Both</i> of you."

"After..?"

"He's right." Hizashi gestured at his body, which she saw was now softly lit, a light radiance shining all around him.

"I thought that was the lighting."

"No," he chuckled wryly. "It seems it's a side effect of sorts."

"I hope it goes away. This would be really hard to explain to people. Even the truth wouldn't cut it."

"I'm afraid you're going to hafta stay inside for longer anyway, love." Hizashi laid a hand on her side. "We didn't notice in the, ah, moment. But your injuries are way better."

Elly's eyes widened. She twisted her torso this way and that, lifting up the bottom of her shirt to check the big one. "Ohhhh my goodness."

"Ha," Shota laughed out loud. "An unexpected bonus."

Hizashi glanced at him, uncertain of the demon's mood. "Are you really okay with this? I mean, we, ah. I slept with the woman you're in love with."

Elly took a deep breath, trying to not show how nervous she was despite his assurances earlier.

For a minute the incubus didn't say anything. Then he turned his back to them and started cleaning up the spill of food on the floor. "I can't lie to either her or you," he said when he stood back up. He set his palms on the counter and spoke calmly. "I'm not jealous."

"Oh." Hizashi looked relieved. "Good."

"What are we going to eat?" Elly asked quietly. She looked unconvinced and her question just might have been to jump them past the awkward topic. Then again, she was definitely hungry - her stomach growled loudly. "Erk."

"I'll get the takeout if you don't mind cleaning up the rest of this." Shota waved a hand at the vegetables and some of the chicken that hadn't fallen to the ground. "Sorry, by the way."

"I can get that."

"All right," he said quietly. "I'll go to the place on the corner and get our usual stuff." He walked to the door and was out before either of them could say anything.

Shota stepped out in the cool air, determined to get some of her favorite foods from the restaurant nearby. As soon as the door clicked shut behind him, however, he rubbed at his upper left side, frowning hard. His breathing became erratic and he paused to calm himself.

As he stood in the apartment corridor a sleek, black cat strolled out from around a corner and gave him a very direct stare.

Shota snorted. "Don't start," he warned.

<i>Start something? Me?</i> The cat yawned hugely, showing all her sharp teeth. <i>Why ever would I do that?</i>

"I don't need any of your shit now, Midnight." Shota's lips pressed into a thin line, though his hand still clutched at his heart and he was breathing heavily.

<i>I come to check up on you and this is the thanks I get?</i>

He bared his fangs at her. "<i>Leave me</i>!"

<i>Fine</i>. The demoness flicked her tail at him as she turned around. <i>Go ahead and have your cry. The angel beat you to her heart, and if you're foolish enough to care you</i> deserve <i>the pain.</i> She strutted off into the distance.

Shota waited until he was certain she was gone. Then he let out the harsh breath he'd been holding in and shook his head. "Stupid bitch," he grated.

The sound of laughter echoed in the corridor from somewhere behind him. He recognized it as Elly's and smiled, then winced.

<i>Fuck</i>.

No comments:

Post a Comment