Saturday, January 19, 2019

Making Better Memories

Shota/Els
_

It was late, and they had spent their day at school and then grocery shopping together. This last had led to a freshly cooked dinner Aizawa had surprisingly agreed was worth the effort. They had each taken a shower and Elly was snuggled up in bed with a book when Aizawa crept out of the shadows of the hallway to join her. 

"Come here. I want to hold you." He wrapped his arms around her tight. He was wearing the same thing she was, a t-shirt with soft sweatpants. It was a comfort outfit for the both of them, often worn as pajamas. The only difference was hers were lavender colored and he wore black with gray.

"You smell really good. Is that ... cologne?"

"Shh. Here." He nuzzled her cheek and she turned out of instinct. He kissed her softly full on the lips, one hand stealing up to caress the side of her face. 

"But - "

"I said 'shh', lover," he said, and kissed her once more. The combination of his kisses and choice of words quieted her and she slipped her arms around his neck, purring. He really did smell like a musky type of cologne, something masculine but tinged all the same with the scent of coffee that lingered on his breath. She absolutely loved it. He was kissing her without stopping, mouthing her lips tenderly while holding her in a comforting embrace. One hand traced patterns on her neck lovingly, rubbing the sensitive pulse. 

"Shota!" She shivered uncontrollably when he parted for air. "You okay?" She laid back and he followed, covering her with his body but propping himself up so as not to crush her with his weight. "I'm a little worried here. You're not quite yourself."

He sighed dismally, scrubbing one hand across his face and instantly reverting to the man she was more familiar with. "I'm fine, Ches. It simply occurred to me that I've never romanced you."

"Romance is whatever we agree it is," she smiled. "That said, though, I really like seeing this side of you."

"Then hush. I want to do this." 

"Yes, dear."

Aizawa gave her a reproachful look, but his gaze soon softened. "I need to show you what you mean to me." One hand smoothed a wayward strand of hair off her cheek. He kissed her again, then moved to her neck and started covering the sensitive skin there with licks and nibbles. 

"Ahh... Sho, you know what that does to me. And I do know how you feel."

"Mmm hmm." He nipped once, gently, and she squirmed under him. "Maybe. But I'm not playing, little one. I want to love you so sweetly you lose your mind." Her expression seemed to amuse him, because he broke out into that creepy grin she knew so well. "Come on, then. Up, and I'll rock you."

"You'll what?"

He rolled her up, flipping so she was sitting across his lap with his arms around her like one might hold a baby. He gently swayed her the tiniest bit back and forth, humming roughly under his breath. Elly's eyes filled with tears. She suddenly understood why he was doing this, and her heart filled with the immense love she had for this man. 

"It's okay," he murmured when she clutched the front of his shirt, weeping softly. "You remember what day it is now, don't you. No, don't think too hard about it. I have a surprise for you tonight. You'll get it after we talk."

"But - "

"No buts." He kissed the top of her head. "I was told you would really like it, you know. Caused quite a fuss in the store when I picked it up." He rolled his eyes. "Bought it online for that reason."

"Wh - what'd you buy?"

He made a "tsk" sound and brought her around for more serious kisses. "Something you hopefully want." They kissed for some time, his arms holding her secure and warm. 

"Thank you, Shota." Elly sighed, rubbing her cheek on his. Her hands gripped his shoulders lightly, flexing now and then as she relaxed.

"I know it's a hard night. I plan on making better memories for you. Like this." He reached into his pocket and handed her a small jewelry box. 

She opened it and there it was, a thin band of white gold set with onyx on one side and amethyst on the other of what could only be a diamond. 

"Black and purple," she mused quietly, slipping it on her finger and admiring how the light caught the setting and made it sparkle.

"The salespeople couldn't believe I was there to pick it up." He chuckled. "Said I was lucky to have you."

"Oh, Shota." She rested her forehead to his. "I never thought you would ask."

"It would be highly illogical for me to love you as much as I do and not ask you to marry me."

She sighed. "Yes."

"Is that an answer?"

"Of course it is, you fool." 

"Good." He smiled then, a genuine smile that looked out of place on his worn features. "The salespeople were perhaps right in their assessment of me. I work too hard, sleep too little, and am not the most well-groomed man around." He shrugged. "But I will love you as you deserve to be loved. I'll make time for you."

"You're perfect to me."

No comments:

Post a Comment