Monday, July 20, 2020

Blbs 8

Aizawa was in a fairly decent mood the next morning. It was easier to rest when his conscience was clear and his relationship was back on track. And that meant for once in a very long time he actually woke feeling refreshed. He showered, changed, stuffed his phone in his pocket and walked down the street to his new job.

Now, Aizawa Shota wasn't the type of man to notice what others thought of him - he didn't care -- but this morning it seemed everyday people on the street were staring at him. Frowning, he opened the door to the shop and walked over to the door to the back. His boss here was a kind person, a thin man in his thirties with thick, black-rimmed glasses. He jumped when his new employee strolled into the break room and he gestured frantically at him to come over.

"What?"

"I, uh, have a suggestion for you, Aizawa," he said timidly. "Why don't you stay in the back and help Sumi with the manga inserts?"

Aizawa crooked an eyebrow at the nervously sweating man. His eyes looked even wider than usual behind those huge lenses. "All right. Is something wrong?"

"No, no! Just... that would be a good idea. I think."

Work went quickly. Though he was stuffing countless books with promotional papers, a monotonous, boring task, it freed his mind to think of other projects he was working on. Sumi was a quiet, loner type like himself, so they only spoke when necessary. He did, however, notice that the younger girl was eyeing him oddly every now and then, a speculative look that he wasn't entirely comfortable with. It was a relief when he could take a lunch break, and he dug out his phone to unmute it for the first time since he went to bed last night.

Aizawa blinked, startled, and damn near dropped the thing. It was buzzing and blinking in a series of rapid fire texts, calls, messages and god knew what else.

"Oh... oh, shit." He chuckled, then laughed harder as he pulled up a text from Kayama, who he kept in touch with after he left his other job.

<i>Kayama</i>: <i>Your girlfriend is CHESHIRE?!!!!</i>

He clicked on the link she sent and, sure enough, headlining the most popular gossip column:

<b>Cheshire and reporter Aizawa Shota caught kissing during Charity Gala</b>

The photos were embarrassingly clear and up close. He supposed they had been too involved to pay attention to their surroundings at the time.

<i>That</i> was why his boss told him he would be working in the stock room for awhile. It also explained the strange looks he was receiving from coworkers and strangers alike.

He set his phone face down on the table and covered his face with one hand, unable to control his dry laughter.

Aizawa was still chuckling, hours later when he called Elly to ask if she was on for their simple stay-at-home date. She was fully aware of the headlines and nervous when he arrived at her place. After all, it was the first time they were seeing each other after they got back together again. This was new territory.

"Did anyone bother you?" She had the television on, and an array of drinks sitting on the coffee table. He sat down and mulled over what to choose.

"No," he answered truthfully. "No one bothered me." There had been a hoarde of paparazzi hiding across the street, but they had stayed away from his car. The parking garage was private, which helped immensely. "I'm sure I was photographed a hundred times between the time I left and got to the garage, but I don't mind."

"You're really okay with this?" Elly motioned at the television, which was showcasing the photo of them on some chat show where they followed celebrities around.

He shrugged, unconcerned. "I'm not going to complain. Until recently I was the one providing those people with their information. Not directly, but, you know." He rubbed the back of his neck, a crooked grin stretching his lips. "It's, kind of, I don't know, funny, to me."

Elly held her arms out, patting her lap. He hesitated, unsure, but since she had requested the intimate cuddle he gave in. He sat, then laid down, resting his cheek on the blanket she had covering her legs so he could see the screen. She idly stroked his hair, running her fingers through it in a soothing manner, as they discussed what they wanted to watch.

"No."

"Comedy?" She sounded less than sure, and he shook his head again.

"How about a nature show? I watch a lot of undersea specials and documentaries, and there's one on now."

"You like the ocean, don't you?" He didn't veto it outright so she changed the channel.

"Uh huh. I grew up by the ocean, and I've always loved the water." Her voice grew soft as she spoke, as if she were reminiscing. "I miss my hometown sometimes, you know. But it's changed a lot. My memories are better."

"Yes." He lifted his head, propping himself on one arm to reach her cheek for a kiss. "My hometown is far more built up than it used to be. I liked it better when I was growing up."

"We'll have to visit some day."

"Both of them," he agreed, kissing her again.

Elly turned to meet him and the kiss grew more serious. "That would be nice," she sighed.

"Mnn. Know what else is nice?" He nuzzle her cheek, then trailed his lips to her jawline with tiny, pecking kisses. "Your skin. It's so pale and beautiful."

"It also bruises easily, mister. Careful - if you leave a mark now, they'll know it's from you." She giggled as his stubbled upper lip rubbed on her skin.

He grinned against the hollow of her throat. "Mm hmm," he agreed. "So I'm going to be a good boy and just kiss you."

"Let's see how long <i>that</i> lasts."

He mouthed her chin with a low chuckle. "You know I can go all night."

"Aw, baby, that's not what I meant and you know it." She started to pant as he continued to kiss up the line of her jaw. "This is a side of you I haven't seen. So - so soft. I like it as much as the aggressive you."

"I do know," he hummed seductively. "And I have a suggestion for you, too. I would like to, ah, abstain from sex for awhile." He licked her lips, speaking into her mouth.

"Mnn? Why?"

"Well," he continued, slipping the tip of his tongue between her lips to tease her, "we're starting over again, yeah? Let's work our way up to it. I can show you more of the <i>lovey</i> me," he sang the last in a low voice as an incentive.

"You're suggesting this while you're deliberately teasing the shit out of me, you sadist." She sighed, curling her arms around his upper body. The next time his tongue slid close, she sucked on it gently. Aizawa groaned, and she winked mischievously at him. "But okay, I kind of get it."

"Good." He deepened the kiss, thrusting his hands in her hair and pulling her close. "<i>Fuck</i>, you taste good."

"I just had a melon soda."

"C'mere," he whispered. "I want to kiss you until you grow weak in my arms."

"I doubt that'll take long."

"Ohhh, I bet it won't."

He was right. A few minutes later she was clinging to him, barely able to kiss him back as he covered her face and neck.

"Oh, baby, yes," she moaned.

"Ha," he whispered into her ear. "You're melting, <i>Elly</i>." She shivered and he grinned. "You know, it still feels off to call you by your given name."

"Then call me whatever." She smiled, her eyes still closed. "It doesn't matter now; I know you see me as more than a spoiled star."

He grimaced, remembering things he'd said earlier in their tumultuous relationship. "Is Ches okay, then?"

"It's fine. It's your special name for me."

Aizawa looked surprised, then shook his head, his dark hair swinging. "Oh, no," he murmured, reaching out to rub her furry ears. "If I had a <i>special</i> name for such a pretty kitten it would be different." Elly squirmed around, pleased at his praise but not sure how to handle it. Seeing this, he grinned and pushed farther. "Mnn, let me think. You're half cat, and ...oh." His grin grew bigger.

"Uh oh," she laughed softly.

"I'll call you Ches, but if you want a <i>special</i> name, I'd also call you my Queen."

Elly laughed harder, her cheeks burning. "That's embarrassing!"

"Too bad," he grinned. "You're not a princess - too young and naive, that -- and I'll hold off on most of the cat names unless we're fooling around. That leaves the only beauty I bow down to, and, coincidentally, the name for a sexually mature female cat."

"Aww." She kissed him on the cheek. "So. It's late. Do you want to go home?"

Aizawa didn't. He wanted to stay, even if it meant he would sleep on the couch to keep the promise he'd made. But he kissed her on the nose and told her that he would call her after work tomorrow.

He stood with a sigh, adjusting himself slightly. "Maybe we can get together for dinner, like a real date."

"That sounds good." She hugged him tightly, breathing in his scent. "Goodnight."

No comments:

Post a Comment