Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Care Day (Shota)

"I'm sorry, Mr. Principal... yes. No, I wouldn't ask for this unless it was necessary. You understand. Thank you." Aizawa hung up and set his phone aside, wiping a hand across his bleary eyes. His girlfriend was struggling to hide her crying, and he wasn't quite certain what he should do.

"Ches, I called in for both of us. We're staying home today." He sat on the edge of the bed, reaching out to pat the huddled form under the covers.

Her reaction was immediate and alarming. She shot straight up and he saw her eyes were red from weeping. "Oh, no! No, we can't do that! I'm fine, really, Sho - look, I'm - I'm gonna get up and..."

"We can. I already did." He placed an arm about her shoulders. "Ches, it's okay to take time to heal yourself. You're clearly hurting and you need my help."

"No no no no no no!" She blurted out a nearly unintelligible reply in her panic, going so far as to vanish in front of him. She shrugged his arm off and suddenly all he could see was the depression her body made in the mattress.

"<i>Cheshire!</i>" His hair flashed upright and he trained his red gaze on her, negating her quirk.

Visible once more, Elly took a long, quivering breath and looked up, cringing at his sharp tone like a child being scolded. "But I can ... I can do it."

"I'm sorry, but I had to get your attention. I'm not angry." This time he pulled her carefully onto his lap in a closer embrace. He had showered already and had his black undershirt on and a maroon pair of boxer briefs. His still-wet hair was pulled into a loose ponytail and it flicked over his shoulder as he moved. He shook it absently back and took a gamble on why she was so insistent on leaving, hoping to calm her fears. "You're not going to be hurt or made fun of if you stay here with me. It will be all right."

Her ears trembled, still laid all the way back in distress. "Are you sure it's okay?"

"Yes." Aizawa's reply was quick and sure. He tightened his grip when she began to cry openly, burying her face in his shoulder.

"I'm sorry, I can't help it, some days I wake <i>up</i> like this!"

"You're fine," he repeated. "I'll take care of you, my queen." One of his hands stroked her hair while she wept. "There's no need to apologize. I still love you and no harm has been done."

"Every time I did this before I was punished," she sniffled softly. "As a child, but especially as an adult. I try so hard to push through, but honestly, it only gets worse. My concentration isn't there on days like these. It's focused on bad memories."

"I gathered as much." He stopped to think. "Would you like me to run you a bath instead of a shower? It's more relaxing and I can help."

Elly sighed and forced herself to look directly at her boyfriend. His gray eyes were very soft this morning, and there was a hint of a calm smile on his lips. "I would really love a lot of help, if you don't mind."

"All right." He considered for a moment and then stood to pick her up.

She laid her head on his shoulder and sighed again. "Thank you."

"No need, but you're welcome." He carried her into the bathroom and set her down on the edge of the tub while he ran the water. "Do you want one of those bath ... uh. Things?"

"Bath bombs? Oooh. I forgot I had those unscented ones. Yeah, they're in the cabinet in a little container."

He got one out and opened it while the water ran and she slowly undressed. "Is there anything special you might want to eat for breakfast, my queen?"

"Shota," she murmured in mild surprise. "Are you actually pampering me?"

Aizawa raised one eyebrow at her, his bloodshot eyes blinking. "Am I doing it right?"

She reached out to stroke the stubble on his cheek. "Yes. And I love you so much for trying."

He caught her hand and held it against him a while longer, closing his tired eyes. "Hnf. Bacon?"

"Yes!" This time she actually laughed.

"Good. I picked some up last night for the weekend, but will make it now. You soak, I'll burn the meat..."

"Shota!"

He grinned hugely at her. "I defy you to come up with another name for how I cook."

"Errr..."

"Yes." His knees popped slightly as he got up. "I'll be back to do your hair like I promised." He planted a light kiss on her forehead, then left for the kitchen. "Don't hesitate to call me if you need me."

"Yes, dear."

He snorted again, this time mixed with a laugh.

Elly sank into the fizzy, warm water until it started to grow cool. The apartment was silent except for an occasional drip from the water and the sizzling sounds coming from down the hall as Aizawa cooked breakfast. The scent of the bacon was working its magic, causing her stomach to growl with hunger when she could have sworn she would have been too ill to eat before. She was so, so tired though, and she found herself dozing until she felt a soft brush on her lips.

"You never called me, so I came to check up on you," he explained. "Sleepy kitty, you still need your hair done."

"Nmmm. So tired."

"I know. Just sit up a little." He ran a bit more warm water in the tub and then filled the small bucket he held in one hand. "There we go."

"You want me to stay awake while you do that?!" She could barely keep her eyes open through the gentle rubbing on her scalp. "Mm, baby, all I want is to eat and then cuddle up for a nap."

"No arguments from me there." He rinsed her purple tresses off with the bucket, covering her forehead so the soapy water wouldn't get in her eyes.

"You never turn down a nap," she agreed, yawning.

"Especially not with you." He set the bucket down. "All clean. The faster you dress and finish up, the closer you are to that nap."

She got up quicker than she might have otherwise. After eating, they adjourned to the couch where he laid down and let her snuggle on top of him. She had dressed in a t-shirt and sweatpants, and was so comfortable in his strong, warm hold that she immediately began purring.

After a few cozy minutes she spoke. "I want to thank you again." She tilted her head back and kissed his throat, the spot closest to her. "You make me feel so much better. That's all I need to pull through, some extra love and affection."

"Not a big deal," he yawned. "I've got enough of that, to spare, for you."

No comments:

Post a Comment