Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Birthday 2019 (Hizashi)

It was still dark, in the early morning hours when her alarm went off. Elly yawned and rolled over with a smile. It was one of the few times she was happy to get up every week: her boyfriend would be coming home after his stint at the radio station. She got up and pulled her robe on, intent on getting coffee and waking up a little before he arrived. As she stumbled down the hall she wasn't thinking much.

Elly fumbled for the light switch, but there was a piece of paper taped over it. Frowning, she pulled it free and squinted sleepily at it.

"You are the light of my life."

Chuckling, she was about to switch it on when she saw the living room. She gasped, her hand opening on its own as she took in the sight before her. The note fluttered to the floor.

There were tiny, battery-powered tea lights spread across the floor in front of their coffee table. He had arranged them to spell out 'I love you' with their soft, flickering glow. On the table itself were several helium-filled balloons and a vase of her favorite flowers, besides a small hand wrapped gift and an envelope. As she bent to pick up the envelope, soft, romantic music filled the room.

"Zashi, I know you're here."

A ghostly chuckle floated in the air, and he stepped out of the shadows in the kitchen, smiling sheepishly. He hadn't changed yet and still wore his leather gear, though he had taken his neck speaker off. "Happy birthday, baby."

"You got home early!"

He kissed her nose. "Yep. Of course!"

She flung her arms around his neck. "You know you didn't need to get me anything."

He blew air noisily out his puffed cheeks. "No way! This is a special day. I wanted to 'cause you deserve it."

"Well... okay." She teased him with a corner of the envelope. "I guess I'd better see what's in here, huh?"

He blushed a little, coughing. "Yeah. You better!"

The card was cute, a little kitten wrapped up in ribbons and paper from a gift that had been opened. She smiled and opened it to see he had written more inside.

"I'm so happy every morning when I wake up and you're there. I can't imagine a life without you, baby, so today is a very special day because without it I wouldn't have you." Her face scrunched up and she wept, turning to him on the couch and burying her face in his shirt.

"Aww, babe, I didn't mean to make you cry." He smiled and stroked her hair. "Look, it had to be said, right? And y'haven't even opened your gift yet."

Elly sniffed. "I have what I want right here," she declared firmly. "Hold me for awhile longer, Mikey. That's the best feeling in the world." She reverted to calling him by his hero name, as she did when he wore his gear.

"Eh?" He wrapped his arms around her and nestled close. She smelled his bubblegum and leather scent, strong because he had been wearing his outfit for hours. "With these wimpy arms? Puh-leeze."

"Wimpy?!" She laughed. "You work out as much as any hero, sweetie. You're definitely not wimpy."

"Yeah, but yanno, compared to some, my build's not that... hey! You naughty kitty, you distracted me! This isn't about me, it's your day." He reached out to grab the box on the table. "Open it, open it!"

She started giggling when she didn't tear the paper off fast enough for him and he groaned. "Mic!"

He laughed eagerly, tipping his orange-tinted prescription shades down. "Yer gonna like it."

"Ohhhh." The box was revealed, and she stared at it, amazed. It was a coffee set from a luxury brand she had admired. There was a press and a small grinder for the fine roasted beans that came with it. "This is so awesome!"

He kissed the side of her neck. "Mmn, babygirl, that's not all. Look." He picked up a small, intricately embossed card that was inside the box and showed it to her.

Her ears perked as she read. "Oooh!" She gasped, eyes widening. "You got me coffee every month for a year?"

"I know you love their stuff, so now you can try all their flavors."

"Thank you!" She kissed him fervently on the mouth, purring when she felt his gloved hands rubbing her back.

"Anything for you, babe," he panted when they broke for air. "Um. Hey, speaking of..."

"Nmm?"

"You want some of this before I change?" He plucked at the front of the leather jacket he was wearing. "I really could use a shower, but - yikes!"

Elly smothered him with kisses, especially his neck, which had only recently been relieved of the heavy speaker. "Are you kidding?! Do I want some of - seriously, when do I pass up the chance to make out with Present Mic?"

He chuckled, wiggling his eyebrows at her. "Never, so far as I know. You better watch out, Hizashi might get jealous."

She giggled faintly, her tail lashing behind her. "No way. I love you as a whole person."

"D'aww, yer too cute!"

They kissed for some time, Hizashi carefully laying on top of her on the couch in the candlelit room. Since she was only wearing her robe over a simple t-shirt, this provided him with a lot of opportunities.

"Mmm... hey, sorry I'm a little sweaty." He paused from where he had been nibbling on her right breast. Her hands had dipped lower on his body and he knew he was very, very hot there.

"You're always a little sweaty in leather. Even when you're freezing, you're sweaty."

He laughed. "True 'dat. Um. Um, hey, heyyyy now, baby! Remember what I said about this bein' your day, not m - mine. I'm like, seven days later."

She left off toying with the zipper on his pants to grin at him. "I know."

He panted hotly into her mouth with his next passionate kiss. "What's my number-one listener want, then, hmmm?"

"She would love if you slipped yourself out of your pants and made love to her like this."

"Aw, princess, clothed sex. I shoulda known, it's your favorite kink."

She burst out laughing. "Just take me, Present Mic."

He gave her his most intense stare, with one green eye squinted and the other huge. Elly whimpered, instantly lost as always in those mesmerizing eyes. "Whatever the birthday girl wants, she gets."

No comments:

Post a Comment