Thursday, August 26, 2021

Fluff - g

 "How do you feel about gift giving and what are your general habits?"


"We all know this one. Yamada likes gifting." Yagi drank a little water, thinking back to when he'd first started working at the school and the DJ had given him a memory stick with hours and hours of his radio show on it. He chuckled.

"Yeah, but his gifts are crap."

Hizashi's lower lip thrust out in a pout. "They are <i>not</i>! Music is good for the soul, Kayama ..." He paused, then snorted, "which may be why you don't like it."

"I like music. Not a million hours of whatever the hell you decide is good, with your babbling filling the gaps."

"Does he give CDs?" Elly looked confused.

"Oh, I forgot! His attitude toward you is completely different." Kayama rolled her eyes expressively. "For you, he buys the good shit. Like Valentine's."

"What?!"

"Heh heh heh." Hizashi ducked his head, hiding his face from her intense gaze.

"Yamada," she asked very quietly, "Is what she said true? Were <i>you</i> the one that sent me all those presents on Valentine's day?"

"...and whaaaat if I said yeahhhhh?" He set his pointer fingers on each other with a sheepish expression. "Yeah?"

"Oh my god!" She clutched her heart, dramatically tugging on the fabric on her shirt. "There was <i>so much</i>! Too much!"

"Well, when I started it was only the roses an' the candy, but then you were so freakin' <i>cute</i>, you didn't believe anybody would do that for you, so I kept going."

"I remember that," Yagi murmured. He bent forward, his side locks dipping as he looked fondly over at the counselor. "You thought it was a joke at first. But after lunch when you got the rest, it became clear it was too much money to be spent on a frivolous jest."

Aizawa grunted sourly. "It <i>was</i> too much money."

"No." Hizashi surprised him by dropping his voice low when he answered, a trait he reserved for only serious occasions. "No, it wasn't too much. I needed to show Ches that she's worth it - despite what she thinks."

"I have it all," she marveled quietly. "I ate most of the candy, but the flowers were forever roses and the stuffed animals are on my bed." <i>I may just snuggle them a lot more now that I know who they came from</i>, she thought in bewilderment.

"Did he give you any music?"

Elly nodded. "There wasn't anything with him speaking, I guess because it would've given him away. There was a <i>cassette</i> -."

"Seriously?!"

"I thought she'd ask me for help, to play it..." He pointed at his neck where his gear would be when he was dressed as Mic. "I had this whole speech prepared!"

"Does the cassette player work on your speakers?"

"Uh huh."

"Well, shit, I didn't know that! I had to search forever to find one afterward!"

They all burst out laughing except Aizawa, who picked up two napkins and proceeded to stuff them in his ears.













No comments:

Post a Comment