Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Fluff - a

 "Okay! Settle down you two!" Kayama smacked an open palm down on the tabletop, startling them both. Yagi sighed. "You better answer truthfully, Yamada," she warned, waving a polished nail point under his nose.


"Wh - of course I will! I'm a Hero, aren't I?" Hizashi's face turned a little paler, the hectic spots of color on his cheeks more pronounced. "M'not gonna lie, don't be insulting."

"Fine! Then, question one: what do you absolutely adore about her?"

Elly covered her face with both hands. "He shouldn't be forced to do this," she said in a strangled voice. Her ears quivered and she sounded on the verge of tears.

Hizashi turned to her with a sudden, sunny smile on his features. "Cheer up, babe! I want to do this! It will make you feel good, right? It's all positivity!"

Yagi was peering over Kayama's shoulder and he pointed a bony finger at the glowing screen of her cell phone. "Doesn't that say admire, not - <i>ack</i>!"

"Shut. Up," she hissed at him between her teeth, yanking the phone away. "So? What do you adore about Cheshire?"

"Uhhh. Oh boy." Hizashi pursed his lips, mustache points wiggling as he thought. "She, uh, her... oh. I got it." He grinned at her. "She makes me smile? Is that, uh, okay? 'Cause she does."

"Yamada, you're almost <i>always</i> smiling," Kayama pointed out.

"Yeah, but..!" He wrinkled his nose, groaning. "Ah, shit. Not <i>always</i>."

Elly laughed softly. "You do smile a lot."

"Yer supposed to be on my side, here!"

"There was no talk of sides."

"Arrghh. Okay, what then? You make me feel better when I don't feel so good, ya dig? I mean, like that time you came with us when we went drinking on Saturday -"

Elly's eyes widened. "I remember."

"Oh! Oh! Oh! What happened?!" Kayama was fidgeting in place, her eyes alight.

Hizashi rubbed the back of his neck shyly. "Well, uh, she took me home afterward. Ya know Aizawa usually carts my ass back -"

"Not like I <i>want</i> to," the scruffy man grumbled from where his head rested in his arms.

"Yeah, but she did it and it made a huge difference."

"Because I took care of you? I couldn't leave you alone, you wouldn't have made it. You almost strangled yourself on your hair twice on the way there before I tied it back for you, let alone all the barfing." She shuddered. "So <i>much</i>," she added weakly as she sipped from her drink.

Aizawa made a sound between a snort and a chuckle, but still didn't raise his head.

He whined sadly. "Yeah, I was super gross and you still stayed."

"Well, this got disgusting quick, and not in the way I was hoping." Kayama made a face and glanced down. "What's say we just move on..?"






No comments:

Post a Comment