Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Open mic night

 "I really can't," Elly declined shyly.


Yamada Hizashi stood in front of her swinging a corded microphone in one hand with lazy flicks of his wrist. It was karaoke night, and he was pressuring his colleague to join in.

"Aw, c'mon," he pleaded, his eyes huge under the red glasses he wore. He nudged her arm with the microphone. "You can't be <i>that</i> bad."

Elly's face burned hotter than ever. She really didn't want to refuse him, but also knew embarrassing herself in front of her crush would be devastating.  "Well, I - everyone I knew back home always told me not to sing," she said in a small voice. "I don't want to offend anyone's ears."

"There's only me and sleeping beauty in the booth over there." Hizashi tilted his head, one eye squinting as he sized her up. "Besides, babe," he said, slurring only slightly, "I know voices, an' yours ain't bad."

"Um."

"S'okay," he hummed suggestively, leaning closer. "Here..."

Elly wobbled, her knees weak as he pressed his warm side against her. <i>No way is he hitting on me</i>!

Hizashi grinned and dropped her a sly wink. "Just sing into the <i>Mic</i>, baby."

<i>Oh my god, yes, he's definitely hitting on me.</i> She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. When the music began she sang the song exactly as she did when she came here alone.

What Elly didn't remember was that she was used to changing parts of the lyrics to better flow with her emotions. She replaced the eye color of the man in the song with Hizashi's and described his spiraling eyes instead of the usual words. The new ones fit and would not have been noticed but for his rapt attention. He stood mesmerized by her side, his eyes wide and mouth dropping farther and farther open in shock.

When she finished he grasped her hands in his and hauled her off to a dark corner of the room.

"What's wrong?!"

"Nothing," he groaned. Then, after a beat, "<i>Everything</i>. Please," he begged, the circles in his hazel eyes seeming to thicken with intensity. "Please, I <i>need</i> you. We can get a room or you can sleep over at my place -"

"Yamada!" She gasped, her ears laying to each side as he reached out to her.

"I need you tonight," he repeated, moving in dangerously close. "I <i>want</i> you forever, so ya better start callin' me by my given name."

"Oh!" Elly started to wipe at her teary eyes, but he caught her wrist. He kissed where the pulse was jumping the hardest on her pale skin, then promptly kissed her tears away too, his mustache points tickling her cheeks.

"Caught ya off-guard?" His looked sympathetic, his eyebrows raised with the hint of a smile playing on his lips.

"I didn't dare hope you loved me <i>back</i>," she explained quietly.

"Awww." He hugged her tight, then pulled back to stare deeply into her eyes. "I waited too long to make my move 'cause I was scared shitless, myself." A sheepish chuckle followed as he set his forehead on hers. "I, uh, know I was pushin' there... we don't hafta, uh, get a room or nothin'. I got carried away!"

"You should." A head popped up beside them in the dim light, startling both. Aizawa shrugged. "Honestly, go ahead. You two are already close and you've been damn near dating already for a year." He stared at them critically. "If Yamada comes to work one more day without relieving that tension, he'll likely explode."

Hizashi looked like he might actually combust where he stood right now. His face was an impressive dark purple, his expressive eyes bugging out of his head. "<i>Aizawaaaa</i>!"

"You will, and I won't hear the end of it. All you do is talk about her now anyway. It's annoying." He pushed past them out of the room.

The couple stood blinking after him, stunned.

"Well! Uh..." Hizashi was the first to break the silence. "So, hey. We didn't eat yet. Take out and make out maybe?" He offered her a lopsided, goofy grin.

"You know what?" She eyed him archly, hooking her tail into a curl as she smiled. "Yes. Yes, to both."

"Oh, <i>hell</i> yeah."

Since their favorite food spot was close by it didn't take long before they were at his place. Elly carried the bags while he dug around in his pocket for his keys.

"Here we are." Hizashi opened the door with a grin.

He kicked his motorcycle boots off right away and tossed his keys in a tray on the kitchen counter, which was immediately to the right. Elly was amused to see him shed the layered, long sleeved shirt as well, throwing it haphazardly on one side of the couch in the living room, which was on the far left. The gold necklaces he wore bounced on his chest with every movement, jingling as he got comfortable.

Hizashi shot her a jaunty finger gun and a wink. "Hey, babe, just put those bags anywhere. I'll get us some drinks!" He strode back to the kitchen as quickly as he'd tossed his clothing and started to rummage around in the fridge.

She smiled and placed the takeout on the table near the kitchen, an obvious eating spot as it had a stack of napkins in the middle and a few scattered takeout chopsticks and forks laying around. The buns were steaming hot, so she left the containers open to vent for awhile.

"Is beer okay?" He wiggled his mustache as he made an anxious face. "It's all I had."

"That's fine." She took the proffered can and sipped while he waved her over to the couch.

"That place is awesome, but ya can't eat 'em right away." He nodded at the boxes with their lazy, white trails rising into the air.

"Uh huh." She sat and he took a huge swig of beer, his fingers crushing the can in a bit.

"So, uh. I know this isn't the first time ya been here, but what do you think? I got some new plants!" He pointed proudly at a tray of succulents on the coffee table. "I took your advice and I got those things. I haven't killed them yet!"

Elly set her beer on the table on a napkin she'd taken for that purpose. "Hizashi," she said calmly, turning to the surprised man beside her, "I <i>really</i> want to kiss you."

He choked a little and fumbled his can down next to hers. "Uh. Sorry, babe, I got nervous once we were here." The glasses went next to the beer, and hisceyes looked younger right away. He reached out with one hand and she leaned over, nuzzling into his touch as he cupped her cheek. Their mouths brushed lightly and he murmured soft endearment, kissing her gently without pressing forward. He let his lips and mustache points nuzzle and tease until she started to pant, and only then did his tongue flickered out to trace her lower lip. When Elly did the same to him he gasped and slipped sweetly inside to soft, mutual moans of desire.

They kissed for a long while, their hands caressing each other's faces and stroking hair and necks. Hizashi broke apart when she started to nibble with a groan.

"Mmmmn," he whispered. "Okay, all right. I guess we've got to satisfy another hunger before food, yeah?" He arched his back, climbing over her on the couch like a sleek, predatory beast, his eyes filled with lust. All prior goofiness aside, he was now deadly serious as he lowered himself on top of her. Elly mewed weakly and he smirked, his heart swelling with pride at the sight of her trembling in his arms. "My poor baby. Didn't expect me to rock yer world so fuckin' <i>hard</i>, did ya?"

"Z - Zashi..."

He bent and kissed her firmly on the lips. "That's okay," he murmured. "I didn't think you'd be so taken with me, either. You're the hottest thing I've ever seen right now, quakin' like yer gonna explode if I kiss you <i>juuuuust</i> right." This time he slipped his tongue inside with the faintest touch of his quirk, the vibration turning the passionate kiss into something even more.

She melted into his touch, wrapping her legs around him and grasping his shoulder blades tightly. "Oh god Hizashi <i>yes</i>."

"You like my quirk, baby?"

"I liked it before," she gasped. "Always did. Your voice - some people make fun of you, I know, but it's so sexy to me. And now..." She sighed shakily. "Wow."

His eyes grew very soft as he listened. "Thank you," he finally whispered. "No one's told me anything like that before."

"That's a shame." Elly kissed his throat, lingering on the Adam's apple. "You're special," she said, her voice rumbling low with emotion. "I never thought you would see anything in me, so broken and fucked up on the inside. I'm legitimately the Insanity Hero and you're  - you're..."

"Whoa, hey." He stroked her hair back and carefully wiped the droplets forming in the corners of her eyes. "We both feel inadequate, but we also each think the other is amazing. This makes us even, right?" He laughed cheerfully when she smiled and nodded.

"Right."

"Now I'm just gonna have to make you feel that positivity."

"Make..?"

Hizashi smiled beautifully, his entire face lighting up. "Well, yeah! How many times d'ya think I can make you scream <i>yes</i>?"

"Uh..!"

"Ten? Twenty?" His smile slid into a lopsided grin as he let out a low giggle. "It's open Mic night, baby. We've got plenty of time to find out."











No comments:

Post a Comment