Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Fluff - y

 "How would you... oh, my." Kayama smiled evilly, leveling the full weight of her stare at the long-haired man across from her.


Hizashi flinched slightly, fearing what was to come. "Crap."

"How would you propose to her?"

"Ohhh." Elly gasped.

He let out a huge gust of wind, almost as if he were deflating. "Well..."

"You don't have to answer this one!" Elly rushed the words, tumbling them out of her mouth faster than she could form them properly.

"No, it's fine." He hugged her again. "I did think about it, after all. Dreaming and stuff."

"You did?"

"Sure!" He gulped loudly when he realized she was awestruck and desperately tried to dodge the question. "But, uh, well. Who doesn't? When they really like someone? Yeah? Am I right, guys? Yeah?" His grin showed all his teeth and he was starting to sweat. "<i>Back me up, please</i>," he grated hoarsely.

"I've done it." Kayama surprisingly answered with a shrug. She pointed at Hizashi then, her eyes fierce. "But this is about you. So, spill - how do you propose in your dreams?"

"Huh." He stared at his fingers helplessly for a few seconds, then sighed and looked up. "Okay. Maybe I would make sure she was listening to my broadcast and dedicate a song to my special listener, you know? Like, maybe, 'I Live My Life for You' by <i>Firehouse</i>  - "

"Maybe?" Elly's ears flopped on either side of her head as she stared adoringly into his earnest face. "You thought about this. You picked a song."

"Is it a good song?" Kayama poked her companion in the side.

Yagi shook his head, baffled. "I don't know it."

"You picked a <i>song</i>," Elly repeated, dazed.

"Oh! It's kinda, uh, what I do. Heh, like, you know? Right? DJ and all, I uh, I know s - songs..." He trailed off when he saw her teary-eyed expression. "Uh... but I dunno what I'd do for real."

Kayama Googled the lyrics, pestering Yagi even more when she saw they were in English.

Elly saw her chance. She leaned towards Hizashi and whispered, "...you know I give myself to you, and no matter what you do, I promise you my heart."

Hizashi sucked in a quick gasp of air in shock, but it didn't last long. A slow smile replaced his dropped jaw and he turned to hug her. "That's my girl," he said proudly. "I knew you'd know it."

"Yes," she answered with a hint of a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment