Sunday, October 10, 2021

Fluff - t

 "How long did it take for you to get together?"


Hizashi shook out his wrist to stare at an imaginary watch. "Uh... today o'clock? You all made <i>this</i> -" He gestured with the hand that was on Elly's shoulder -- "possible. Right? Otherwise I probably woulda chickened out tonight. Again."

"Probably?" Aizawa's voice rippled with a subtle undercurrent of humor. "Don't forget I was the recipient of a lot of texts whining about how you 'missed your chance'."

"How long?" Elly asked curiously.

"How long?"

"Yeah, how long has he been 'chickening out'?"

Hizashi mumbled something under his breath and stared at the ceiling.

"Shit, I don't know... half a year? More?" Aizawa shrugged and glanced at the others for approval. Yagi nodded, but Kayama wobbled a hand back and forth.

"I think it's more like a year," she hedged. "At least it seems that long! I hope you didn't mind this whole fiasco tonight, by the way." She dropped Elly a sly wink. "I was going crazy seeing him fail so many times in a row. I had to help!"

Hizashi opened his mouth to protest that he didn't need help, then closed it with a snap as both women stared at him. <i>Okay, okay. Point taken</i>.

Yagi smiled at the two of them, however. "You two would have eventually gotten together," he told them confidently. "Some things are bigger than we are by ourselves."

"Oh? Ya know, I never figured you were so sappy," Hizashi teased. "Peace, sure, but peace 'n love? I guess it fits, though."

The other man's smile broadened. "I like seeing people happy."

"I'm on freaking <i>cloud nine</i> over here."

"I see that."

"Barf." Kayama yawned hugely in a show of boredom. "Let's get back to the juicy stuff."






















No comments:

Post a Comment