Sunday, October 10, 2021

Fluff - v

 "So, what's V?"


Kayama frowned. "<i>Vaunt</i>..? Geez, they got freaking desperate at the end here. What the hell does that mean?"

Aizawa shrugged. "Look it up."

"Yagi's doing it." She jerked her chin in his direction.

He cleared his throat politely, getting their attention before reading off his phone. "To boast about or praise, especially excessively."

"Well, then I guess it fits. What are you proud of her for?"

Hizashi fiddled with his mustache for a minute before answering. "I guess... hey, this is hard. She's a Hero, yo, there's a lot to be proud of."

"Specifics, Yamada." Kayama snapped her fingers, impatient. "And it doesn't have to be so, so... pedestrian as that. What's the first thing that came to your mind?"

"Coming to Japan," he answered promptly. Elly snuggled against his side, looking thoughtful. He bit his lower lip and blushed again, wriggling around with glee. "Imagine going somewhere new - a whole country! Where they don't speak your native language an' everything's different."

Yagi nodded.

"That's right, you did that, too." Kayama nodded. "In reverse! You went to her home country; she came to yours."

Elly spoke up very softly. "It wasn't really brave or anything, though." She stared at the edge of the table while she talked, not looking at anyone. "America hadn't treated me very well, so I felt that anywhere I went had to be better."

"Aw, babe."

"I mean it," she stressed firmly. "My family, my colleagues - all I had was one friend. I suppose things wouldn't have ended well for me if I hadn't had him. But, in the end, I came here to find something better than what I had." Her hands tightened in his shirt.

Hizashi blinked. "And you did. Riiiiiight?"

"Yeah."

"Good." His expression grew extremely satisfied, a rather smug smile stretching his lips.













No comments:

Post a Comment