Monday, October 21, 2019

Moy Mell 49

Aizawa excused himself to go to the bathroom and pulled out his phone, texting quickly. He had an idea, and several people needed to be told what to do if it was to be accomplished by the time he required. When he got back she opened her arms and grinned at him.

"Ha," he murmured as he settled her comfortably on his lap. "I could get used to you being this affectionate." Elly wrapped her arms around him, purring.

They cuddled on the couch for awhile, chatting about the park and random things, and then she brought up the day's activities. "You really got my entire schedule cleared?"

"Yes. We can do whatever we please." He watched her white tailtips lazily curling up and down in the patch of sun shining in from the windows.

"The whole day," she mused thoughtfully. Then she surprised him by asking him instead. "Well, what would you like to do?" Her fingers toyed with his long ponytail, tugging lightly.

"Me?" He blinked.

"Yes, you. You got hurt too..." She kissed his cheek near the bandage and he pretended to scowl. "And have been under stress. It's not fair to always do what I want. And besides, making you happy makes me happy."

"Hnf." He frowned, thinking. "I'm not a socially active man," he half-apologized, scratching at his chin. "But I did read about a demon owned restaurant near the park that sounds intriguing."

"For later? 'Cause Sanji's motioning for us to come eat breakfast."

The cook was indeed beckoning from the hall so he stood, picking her up with him.

"It's the ghost food place."

"Ooohhh! I never went there!" Her eyes lit up and she hugged him about his neck as he walked towards the kitchen. "Yeah, you don't go there to get full. You just taste. I've heard it's a very unique experience."

"It's settled, then. We should call and reserve a table, though."

"I can do that."

"Hey, are you going to put her down long enough to eat?" Sanji smirked a little at them both as he walked in.

"I'm considering not."

"Suits me," she quipped perkily, then spotted the food and let out a happy yowl. "Yay, pork roll! Thank you, Sanji!"

"I live to serve," he murmured, his lips quirking in a smile as he watched the bleary-eyed man sit down exactly as he said he would, using a combination of arm and leg strength to keep her firmly on his lap.

"Do you like this?" Elly stuck her fork in a small piece and held it to his lips.

"I don't think I've eaten it before." He took the bite, chewed reflectively for a moment, then swallowed. "Not bad."

Sanji had to press the heel of his hand to his mouth avoid squealing with glee. He was enjoying seeing her open up like this to someone. He left so that they could continue eating in private and only came out after they were gone.

They wandered the park incognito all afternoon, just browsing places they both enjoyed, before heading to the restaurant. Inside at a podium stood a male kitsune in semi-human form, like herself.

"Hello," she smiled.

"Ah! So good to have you visit us. We were hoping you would one day, being that we're practically neighbors." He checked the reservations. "Yes. Table for two..." The fox demon blinked, his ears perking as his nose tested the air. "Oh, my. Is this your mate?"

Elly's chin rose and she nodded firmly, although her cheeks were stained pink at the admission. "Yes... is there a problem?"

"Oh, no. Right this way." He gestured, a fluid movement pointing towards an empty table nearby. "It's just that the community thought you were observing the quaint human custom of 'boyfriend and girlfriend'."

They sat at the table he picked out for them and he took their drink orders.

"Thank you," Aizawa murmured.

Elly nodded. "Thanks."

"You're very welcome." The kitsune paused, then added, "I apologize for my candid observations." He bowed, his tails carefully laid flat against his back. "I'm happy for you both. It's simply a shock when a demon chooses a human for their partner. Doesn't happen often, you know."

"Oh, yes," she sighed. "I know."

"I'll send someone right over with your menus."

After they had ordered and gotten their drinks, Aizawa smiled and pointed at himself. "So I've become your mate?"

She coughed, embarrassed, and answered in a low voice. "Well... yes? I thought you understood what marking me meant." Her cheeks reddened further.

"I did. Don't worry, Ches," he hastily assured her, reaching out to take her hand. "The only thing I wasn't aware of was how rare a relationship like ours is. It changes absolutely nothing, however."

Her ears relaxed, slipping back into their casual position from where they had begun to fold back. "Good. I mean, we haven't actually ... you know, yet, but the marking shows our choices were made."

He nodded.

"It's - it's not like marriage, you know. Kind of, but not quite. It means I won't, um. Lay with anyone else."

"You don't have to explain right now, my queen," he said softly, squeezing her hand. "I want to be with you. If you feel the need to discuss things in depth later, that's fine, too. But remember: I'm absolutely not going to stop loving you."

"Thanks, Sho. I needed to hear that. It's... well, let's just enjoy this." She smiled happily at him. "I'm having a great time with you today."

He chuckled, rubbing at the back of his neck with one hand. "I hope it only gets better."

After they were finished eating it was starting to get dark out. Aizawa took her hand and told her he had a surprise ready.

"You do? When did you manage that? We've been together all day."

"I have my ways." He shrugged. "But look... here." She followed his finger, blinking when he tapped it above her lips.

Elly sneezed. "Wh - what?!"

"Sorry. Here we go." He tied a thin strip of cloth he pulled out of his sleeve around her eyes. "I'll lead or carry you, whatever you prefer. It's not too far - we'll take one of the bullets partway."

"Clever," she murmured. All I can smell is the perfume you dabbed under my nose."

"That's to keep this a surprise, Ches. Otherwise you'd easily know where we're going." He took her arm and walked her to the silvery vehicle on the track. "Up."

She sat inside and heard the door click closed. The seat bounced slightly as he moved around, and he suddenly and rather mischievously nibbled on her neck, causing her to gasp loudly. "Hey!"

"Couldn't help it." He laughed and kissed her briefly on the lips. "It's out of my system now... and look, we're here."

"We are?"

"Yes. Let me take you."

Elly's throat tightened at his choice of words and she let him pick her up to carry wherever he wished.

No comments:

Post a Comment