Friday, October 4, 2019

Monster College - 10

Jackson was a little sad the next day when he had to give way to his alter ego, but they had agreed and this was, after all, <i>his</i> music trip. He hugged Elly one final time backstage before plugging his headset in.

A whirlwind of color and sound later and the blue-skinned Holt was tackling her in mad glee. "I'm back, baby!"

"I know!" She laughed. "We're close to our gig, by the way. Enough time to get ready, though."

"Huh." He glanced around and started flipping through a tablet she handed him, checking the set lists and everything. "So, what, normie-me couldn't give you up until the very last second of our deal?"

"Uh... yes, something like that."

"The sex must've been awesome."

"Holt!"

"What?" He grinned. "I know what I know, right?"

"Don't be jealous?"

"Oh, no. Not at all."

"Really?"

"Yeah," he chuckled lowly. "Besides, you've been checking me out since I showed up. I know what you're thinking."

"Oh yeah? What?"

"You've been with normie-me and now you can't help but wonder what <i>I'll</i> be like."

"<i>Holt!</i>" Elly's face burned so bright red he could see it under the fur.

"I'm in no rush, baby." His smile grew even broader. "I know you thought I was gonna be jealous, but our time will come."

"Uh..." She peered sideways at him, blushing even harder, and to her embarrassment saw he was going to follow up on this train of thought.

Leaning close, he snaked an arm about her waist and whispered into her furry ear. "And I mean that literally. I promise to burn you up, baby." His hair flared as he said this and she gasped.

"<i>Holt!</i>"

"What?"

"It's our - I mean, um. Almost time. Music," she blurted, feeling completely silly but unable to formulate a full sentence.

They absolutely killed it, and would later on learn they got an excellent grade from their professor.

They were tired after several hours of being onstage and behind it, so after a quick meal at a pizza shop they retired to their hotel room.

Elly half expected the rambunctious manster to try and seduce her, but she got a very large surprise. They spent a half an hour or so snuggled up in front of the television and then went to bed early. Her heart was beating quickly as she dressed, thinking he would try something. When she came out and sat on the edge of the bed, however, Holt smiled softly at her.

"All righty." He kissed her on the cheek. "G'night, babe."

Elly stared after him as he rolled himself up in his blanket on the huge couch and closed his eyes. He really was going to sleep.

She smiled, realizing that the two halves of her boyfriend loved her so much that they had overcome certain aspects of their personalities to be with her. Holt was now patient, and Jackson was a little more daring. She could definitely see a future with these men, no matter what life threw their way.

No comments:

Post a Comment