Monday, August 26, 2019

Moy Mell 44



She squeaked faintly. "What."

"I assumed you knew." He shrugged, pulling back to look directly at her. 

"I - I didn't..." Her breathing hitched sharply, and she covered her mouth in one hand.

"No one's told you that in a long time, have they." It wasn't really a question but she nodded anyway, tears pouring over her fingers. "Then I'll have to make sure I repeat myself often." He fixed her with an unusually intense gaze, his eyes glowing red.

"Sh - Shota..." The demonic cast to his normally human features further confused her and she stuttered, shaking. He saw this and reverted back, reached up and held her chin in one hand. 

"Stop," he pleaded, "please stop destroying what's left of your heart by clinging to the things that have broken you. I want to help you, but you <i>must let go</i>."

"I'm <i>scared!</i>" Her pupils had contracted in her extreme fright, but it was not him she was afraid of, and for that he was hopeful.

"I know." He kissed her briefly, wiping her tears away with gentle swipes of his fingertips. "It's not going to be easy for you. All I can do is promise I'll be here." He added her real name in a low tone, reminding her of the nature of that promise. 

Elly had begun to move, nothing more than a tensing of her body in preparation for the shift of weight towards the man in front of her. But before she could accept or reject him, a parrot head burst out of the ground beside them, burning the tiny flowers and grass around it in a foot long radius. They both jumped and she rolled off his lap.

"Dinner's ready!" Neuro squawked in as loud and grating vouce as he could manage. He clucked once or twice, then suddenly and shockingly screeched. "Get back to the house before the blond one kicks your asses!"

Aizawa rubbed a tired hand across his eyes, grinning ruefully. "Bastard," he said under his breath.

Elly shook her head. "I'm going to pluck that bird bald," she hissed. "He damn near have me a heart attack!"

"Yes." He held a hand out to her and helped her up. "I assume he thinks it's amusing."

"I'll bite his tail off," she growled.

He chuckled. "Don't let him get to you. By the way, my offer stands. It's your choice, my queen. It has to be. For now, though..." He dusted his pants off and looked in the direction they had come from. "We don't want to anger the cook by letting dinner get cold, do we?"

No comments:

Post a Comment