Monday, August 19, 2019

Easily Enraged

Present Mic was walking along the halls of UA, whistling softly to himself when he spotted his friend. Eraserhead was standing with his back to the wall outside a classroom rubbing his eyes.

"Hey, whatcha doing?"

"Hizashi!" He jumped, clutching at his heart through the black jumpsuit he wore. "Don't fucking sneak up on me like that!"

"Sorry, sorry." He held up his hands in a pacifying gesture. "You look terrible! The hell is going on?"

"Shh!" Aizawa listened for a moment, cupping his ear towards the right side of the hall. He evidently didn't hear cause for alarm and relaxed visibly, sliding down the wall with a shaky sigh. "S'okay. It's Ches. She's - she's..." 

"She okay?" Hizashi pulled down his prescription shades for a moment in concern. 

"She is most assuredly <i>not.</i>" He shuddered. "Something pushed her off the edge and she's absolutely enraged."

"Oh, shit. What happened?"

The dark haired man held his hand up before his eyes with a groan. "Promise you won't tell her we talked, and also not to laugh."

"Oh-kay." He sat down next to him, pointing finger guns at a random student that happened to walk by. 

He waited until the teenager was completely gone before speaking again. "An online seller got a negative feedback she left for them removed."

"Uh."

Aizawa's eyes were dead serious. He lifted his head to stare at his feet. "She also thinks the seller gloated to her about it, because she sent a message. That she refused to read, by the way - smartest thing she did in this entire situation."

"Uhhh..."

"Hizashi," he sighed. "I know it sounds ridiculous. But her moods can make small things flare up into big ones. It's part of who she is."

"Oh. Bipolar."

He nodded. "And, from her reasoning, she's correct. Her real problem is with not being able to feel like she's in control of the situation; she did not lie but is being 'punished', as she sees it."

"Is it - is it kinda because of her childhood? She told me some stuff that happened when she was little, and it blew my mind."

"Some. And she knows her reaction is unusual, too, so she gets angrier about her own feelings. " He shrugged. "Right now she's venting, so I left. My logical nature really pisses her off when she's too wild."

"Yeah, but... it sounds like she needs you right now."

Aizawa sighed deeply. "I know," he said quietly. "You're right."

Elly was firmly ensconced in her office behind a locked door with a pile of junk food in front of her. She had bought it to try and soothe her nerves. Picking up a large, jiggly gummi candy shaped like a rat, she began talking, shaking it to punctuate her ramblings.

"That bitch," she snarled, her fangs showing. "I did nothing wrong. If they fucking removed it because I sell a couple of things a fucking year of the same type when she sells <i>thousands a month and has a store</i>, that's fucking stupid! Buyers sell their extra shit! I'm not a 'competitor'! I'm a customer!" She bit the gummi rat in half, tearing it apart in her rage, and made a face when she didn't care for the taste.

"I have no idea why it was taken down, though," she groaned, throwing the candy in the garbage can next to her desk. "I don't. Could've been anything. A mistake. Seller being a pushy bitch to the call center. Who knows."

Her head snapped up at the sound of a light, almost diffident knocking at her door. 

"It's me." 

Elly rushed to unlock it. "I'm sorry."

He shook his head. "No need to apologize."

"Yes, there is. I shouldn't have taken it out on you. I'm so angry over such a stupid thing and I hate being this way!"

"I know, kitten." He tightened his grip on her, lifting her into his lap on the chair.

She laid her ears back, staring at him oddly. "'Kitten'? Are you okay? You said you'd never call me th - "

He shushed her with a single finger placed on her lips. "This is a special occasion. You need a little extra to calm down, and I'm here to provide it."

"I feel like an idiot! I shouldn't be this way. I've tried everything, Sho. I know this is hurting me more than anyone. I know that people can just be assholes. I know that this is a petty thing to be so furious about. But..." Elly whined and buried her face in his chest, seeking comfort.

"It's okay. Work it out," he murmured in an encouraging manner.

"I did nothing wrong, but the person who did got away with it. I wasn't even contacted by the site. And here's the worst part: I never would have known if I hadn't checked her feedback to see if she'd replied to mine."

"The other person is in the wrong, not you." He rubbed her back, gently, in little circles. She slowly relaxed in his arms, the smell of him combined with his comforting hold calming her. "Better now?"

"A little."

He grinned. "I promise to try and stay awake tonight after my patrol... for at least a half an hour."

"Aww. Cuddle time?" Her eyes brightened.

"Yes."

"Okay. I think I can breathe again. Thanks, Sho." She nuzzled under his chin.

"It's what I'm here for," he murmured.

No comments:

Post a Comment