Monday, April 8, 2019

Challenge: 67 (Question)

"Hey, hey, baby. Can I ask you something?" Hizashi's green eyes stared warmly at his girlfriend. They lay comfortably on the couch in their living room.

"Mmmn?" Elly's ears perked and she lifted her head where it laid on his lap. 

"Nah, s'okay, don't hafta move." He rubbed her ears. "Just listen, 'kay? So, you know how we got them rings way back when we started living together?"

She nodded, smiling up at him. "I love them."

"You wanna upgrade?" He gave her the look she adored, one eye squinted and the other wide.

"You mean, get another..?"

"Yep. Sort of. I mean, I wanted to propose to you before. I was kinda afraid it was too fast. Was it? Would it be now?"

"Mm. You want to get married, sweetie?"

He pulled her up closer to him, wrapping his arms around her in a tight hug. "I've wanted to for like, forever!"

She laughed loudly in sheer joy. "You're too damned adorable!"

"Eh?!"

"I was wondering when you would ask. Of course I'll marry you."

His grin grew so huge she was momentarily afraid he would unhinge his jaw or something. Then she remembered how wide he could open it and mentally shrugged, hunkering down in preparation for the scream that usually followed.  "Aw, yeahhh!"

No comments:

Post a Comment