Sunday, April 26, 2020

Counseling Sessions: Dating

"What do you think about that one Hero school not lettin' the kids date?" Hizashi flopped down onto their couch, flipping his house slippers off and wiggling his toes. "The students were talking about it today in class."

Elly pursed her lips. "Dating does cause chaos," she said with a wry smile. "But denying people what's natural never works out well in the end."

"You start datin' early?" He yawned and reached out to curl an arm about her shoulders.

"No. In fact, the only time I was asked out by a boy she told me I couldn't go. Everyone else was dating, by the way. And his parents were coming along. But... nope. She denied me that."

"Aww. That sucks. Wait, though - the only time? No one ever asked ya out?!"

"No. By High school I was the scapegoat of the entire school. But in earlier years, I might have been okay, if it hadn't been for my mother. She taught me anything about growing up and liking boys was bad.

"I kissed a boy on the cheek once - barely, by the way, I did it, the ran off -- in Elementary school. My mom heard me talking about it and told me nice girls didn't do that." She paused, her brow creasing as she frowned. "In Middle school a boy I liked called me and started saying sexual stuff but - but I didn't know what it meant. He asked if I could bike out to see him, and my mom must have been listening in on the call because when I went out she did, too. She drove up and down the street with this scary, mean look on her face to intimidate me to come back home. All I thought was going to happen was we'd hold hands or kiss, maybe."

"You went back right away, huh?"

"Oh god, Zashi, I was <i>terrified</i>! I came right back and she asked if I wanted to be a whore. That was it, a nasty accusation and then she ignored me. No talk, no chance to explain my side of the story. I was just supposed to be innocent forever, except she never believed I was." She snuggled deeper into his arms. "At seventeen, I finally got a date. Oh, he didn't ask <i>me</i>, it was this weird mixup thing. Anyway, the important part was I came home once after we'd dated awhile with this tiny mark just under my chin on my throat."

"Uh oh."

"Yeah," she said sourly. "Again, <i>nice</i> girls didn't <i>do</i> that. Do what? Make out? Explore their own fucking sexuality? I had sex the minute I could to spite her, but I didn't learn what an orgasm was or how to masturbate until I was twenty-three!"

Hizashi nibbled on her neck, his mind racing. "Twenty-three?!"

"Yep. Never felt safe enough in my own home to experiment. Also, from all her shit, didn't feel right. If I did that stuff, I felt bad. And no one taught girls about their pleasure spots, so I thought you just rammed something inside repeatedly to come."

"Oh, <i>sweetheart</i>," he groaned, his eyes tightly shut. Then a thought struck him so frightening that he immediately broke out into a cold sweat. He pulled back to stare into her eyes.  "You're okay with stuff now though, right?"

"You make me feel safe," Elly said softly.

Hizashi grew limp with relief as he teared up a little. "Aww."

"Plus I'm older now, and have gone into therapy, besides becoming a therapist. I worked really hard to heal even this much."

The Voice Hero sniffled, though he was smiling at her. "I love you," he said simply.

"I love you too, Zashi." She hugged him tight.

"You wanna, uh ...go spite yer upbringing some more?" He waggled his eyebrows at her suggestively. "I bet I could make you feel so good it might take some of those nasty thoughts away."

"I bet you can," she giggled, relaxing into his arms as he picked her up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment