Friday, December 31, 2021

Mark 10

 Hizashi rented a huge moving van and they piled her belongings in the back a few days later. There wasn't too much, though she had accumulated a lot of music from working at the record shop for so long. He had been thoroughly amused when, during the packing, he even found one of his t-shirts. Elly was wearing it now, a black top that had "PRESENT MIC" written on it in repetitive rainbow lettering.


He backed the van carefully into his driveway and she hopped out, excited and happy. "Yay!"

Hizashi stepped down out of the driver's side, arching his back with a grimace. His spine cracked and he let out a low whistle. "<i>Ugh</i>, my lower back."

"Aw, does the big celebrity DJ not like physical labor?" She flounced over and kissed him on the nose.

"The big celebrity DJ would rather work out in an air conditioned gym," he grunted as he opened the back of the van up. "Keys, keys... yeah, okay." He tossed them to her so she could open the door.

"I'm so glad they let me out of my lease early," she huffed as she lifted a small box.

"So am I." Hizashi glanced over his shoulder, frowning. "Hey! I told you <i>I'd</i> do the heavy ones!"

Elly snorted, though she was smiling. "I can lift some of them. Trust me, if one's <i>really</i> heavy I'll be glad to leave it for you." She flicked her tail in his direction as she walked past him toward the house.

"Sassy kitty," he grinned, following her in.

"I put those near the shelves."

"Oof." He set his load down near the others. "A'ight, let's get the other stuff. These were just the easies."

"Yeah, I don't have too many clothes or personal items."

"Just a ton of vinyl."

"You know it!"

He slung an arm around her waist, hugging her affectionately. "Yeah, we'll go shopping in a couple days. Yer gonna want to wear layers here. Gets colder than you think at night!"

"I thought I had you to warm me up," she teased. "Also, wait... I gotta pee real quick."

"Ya do, babe! If I'm home." He grinned as she slipped into the bathroom for a moment. "If I'm available an' not workin' like I do most nights."

"I forgot about that. Be out in a second!"

Aizawa stuck his head out his window as the blond-haired man walked back out. "Do you need help?" He asked reluctantly. "Some of those look heavy."

Hizashi sat the latest box he held down on his step and peered up in bewilderment at his cranky friend and neighbor. "Are you offering?"

"If you don't need any, fine -"

"Nuh uh, c'mon down! El's got tons of records in these boxes and we'd both be thrilled." He paused, then grinned as his eyes lit up with an idea. "You help us, I'll pay for dinner, yeah? We can get stuff from that seafood place you like!"

Aizawa shuffled over and easily lifted a large box pointed out to him. He brought the box into the townhome, set it down and sighed in irritation. Since it was warm, he began to remove his outer shirt to tie around his waist.

Outside, Hizashi heard a thump and a startled curse. He turned just in time to see the dark-haired man come rushing out the door. Aizawa's eyes were wild, though he tried to hide his mood by ducking around the corner to his place.

"I have to leave," was all he said in a strangled voice. His front door slammed behind him.

"He didn't even stay to meet me," Elly murmured as she wandered out.

Hizashi scratched his sweaty neck. "That's fucked up, yo - even for him," he acknowledged with a puzzled look.

"Is it me? Do you think he's still upset you found me?"

He scoffed. "It was never you, babe. If anything, he was upset about his soulmate. Remember, I told ya." He hefted another box to carry in.

"Yeah..." She didn't look too convinced but grabbed a small pile of clothes. "Oh, well. More food for us!"

"And alone time," he purred seductively, wiggling his eyebrows at her.

She laughed and had to grab at the hangers to keep the clothes from falling. "Zashi!"

"I regret nothing!" He called out from the living room.

Next door it was very, very quiet.

The lights didn't turn on all night, although Aizawa was definitely home. Hizashi would have brought it up again, but then Elly walked out in nothing but an old shirt of his and his mind turned to other, more pressing, matters.






No comments:

Post a Comment