Friday, March 26, 2021

Vindictive Nature

 "Ugh." Elly was flopped in one of their dining room chairs when Hizashi found her, hunched over her phone with her striped tail swishing behind her. "I can't believe them."


"Wait, them, uh - what's up, babe?" Hizashi peered over her shoulder. "Trouble?"

"Nahh, not real trouble. Bullshit with an online seller." The Insanity Hero shook her head ruefully, a little smile on her lips. "I hate leaving bad feedback, you know. But when it's quite deserved, I feel the need to warn others of how unprofessionally I've been treated."

He settled his chin in the crook of her neck, nuzzling. "H'wha happened?"

"Well..." She paused to collect her thoughts. "I bought something, but the seller didn't update me on the status for quite awhile. So naturally, I asked when it would ship."

"Mnn hmm."

Her ears flicked at the sound of his pleasant hum. "I got told it would be sent 'the next day'."

He chuckled. "Let me guess..."

"Yeah, no. You're right - it didn't. Several days later, it's marked as shipped, but 'carrier unknown' and no tracking. In other words, it wasn't shipped. So now they've lied to me <i>twice</i> - once when they said it would ship the next day, twice when they claimed to ship but didn't." She toyed with the case on her phone, watching the glitter as it shone in the overhead light. "After almost ten more days, it was like, one day left before I could open a case for a refund... and <i>then</i> they posted a tracking number. The day before. Which very likely meant they're gaming the system, biding time."

"Huh." He reached out and caressed the back of her hand, encouraging her to drop the phone. She set it aside and turned her head to grin a fanged grin at him. "Oh no, not the mad cat smile -"

She giggled loudly as he rolled his eyes. "Hizashi! I just wanna vent."

"I know, dear." He pushed his glasses up on his nose and gestured dramatically in the air. "Vent away!"

"Okay, um. Well, it was, I dunno, four more days and the tracking number showed that the label had been created but it still wasn't shipped."

Hizashi groaned loudly. "The drama!"

She laughed harder. "Honestly! I opened a case so that I wasn't out the money 'cause, you know, it might time out before I could report it. I said I knew it might be the mail's issue, but that I had been lied to twice and did not trust the seller. I asked for a refund since the place wanted to know what I wanted, and I said if - if! -- it didn't show up I'd like that. I was willing to close it without the refund if it showed up. You think I had thrown a knife at this person - they went ballistic, sending me messages telling me god knows what, since after one answer back I deleted any others without reading 'em. But they refunded me, which I guess proves they hadn't shipped it yet? I guess? And they started squawking that I was scamming them and whatnot, and that they hadn't lied to me twice."

Hizashi sputtered. "Uh - but they did..?"

"Yes. I left one star feedback on everything. I was honest and lined the facts up. The seller has rebutted a bunch of other buyers, by the way, almost always claiming that the buyers are harassing them and, of course, they're right and we're wrong." She shook her head again. "The <i>facts</i> are there. It's all documented. And if they keep claiming to be in the right the more bad feedback shows on their profile, it's just proving their unprofessional nature. Somebody once said, '<i>if you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole.</i>.' So, surprise."

"Soap opera done, princess?"

"Who knows?" She made a face. "The person has our address. Hopefully they realize that it would be highly illegal and they would be suspect if they tried anything, but you never know."

"Aw. It'll be okay. We've weathered far worse."

"I know. It's the little things that don't need to be so terribly blown out of proportion that get me, sometimes."

He kissed her on the cheek. "Anyway. Burgers?"

"Ooh! Yeah!" Elly jumped up, happily stuffing her cell phone in her bag nearby. "Let's go! I'm starving!"

No comments:

Post a Comment