Thursday, March 11, 2021

Temptation 24

 They made love and briefly cuddled, but since they were using birth control and not condoms, she soon darted into the bathroom to use the toilet and shower. Hizashi snuck in at some point as well, bringing fresh clothing for them both.


Once clean, feeling refreshed and more awake, Elly left the angel to himself to finish up, since taking care of his long hair took some time. She kissed him briefly as he ran a comb through his golden locks, and he smiled softly at her.

"Go get your coffee, love," he suggested gently. "I set the timer last night so it should be done by now."

"Nmm. Can smell it..." Halfway there, however, she froze as she heard a muffled sound coming from the couch. Her throat closed up and one hand stole shakily up to her mouth.

Not many have heard a demon cry, and even then, tears of rage were what was to be expected. But the low, nearly imperceptible sobbing held nothing of anger. She peered around the wall and saw Shota, face down on the couch with his dark wings covering him and quivering with emotion.

She must have made a sound, or perhaps he just sensed her presence because his head snapped up, suddenly wary. He stood, his wings disappearing and eyes darting nervously around. His normally pale face was blotchy with color, his cheeks streaked with wetness. Shota rubbed hastily at his eyes and seemed surprised at the feeling of moisture. He jerked back, startled, then darted into the hallway, probably to the bathroom to clean up. Elly tried to leap back, but it was too late.

They collided in a crash, Shota barking out a curse as he grabbed her so she wouldn't end up on the floor. He fell instead, wincing as his hip banged the wall.

Hizashi jumped out of the bathroom in his boxer briefs, his eyes wide behind his glasses that were still fogged over. "What's wrong?!"

"Nothing," the dark-haired incubus replied gruffly. He stood up, carefully setting Elly on her feet. "If you're done in the bathroom, I need to wash up."

She shook her head, dazed. "Do you really?"

"No," he admitted through clenched teeth.

"Then let's sit on the couch. We need to talk." She tugged on his hand, only letting go once they were both sitting. Shota refused to look at her or Hizashi, who was deciding on whether or not to get dressed or be an immediate part of the conversation. He sensed he was going to be needed at some point.

Elly took a deep breath. "Shota, are you sure you're not jealous?"

"No," he said firmly. "I'm not. I've said this before. You two, together, is an excellent solution to -"

"Are you upset in <i>any</i> way, then?"

The demon choked mid-sentence and cast an annoyed glare at her when she interrupted him. His lips firmed and he stated very carefully, "I haven't experienced this before, so I'm not sure what is wrong."

"That's very vague. I'm sorry, but I'm going to be direct." She squinted at him thoughtfully, then laid a hand on his. Shota twitched, almost jerking it away but holding back at the last second. "Were you crying?"

Smoke puffed out his nostrils and his pupils burned like twin coals, smoldering in quiet rage as he sat beside her. "Yes."

"Because of us?" She indicated Hizashi sheepishly making his way towards the coffee pot, still in his underwear.

"I don't know. Most likely, yes." He turned to her, meeting her eyes with the fires of his own. "Demons are tortured beings, and I'm beginning to think my assignment here may have been more punishment for <i>me</i> than anything to do with you."

Elly yanked her hand back, hurt that he'd suggest such a thing. "Shota! How could you say that?!"

"Because I love you, mistress. And my being a demon is what holds you back from loving me."

Hizashi cleared his throat from where he'd been listening in at the kitchen. "Hey," he called out in a neutral tone. "I can feel your suffering, you know." He walked over and sat next to Elly, placing a cup of coffee on the table. She exclaimed softly and picked it up, the warmth soothing in her cupped hands.

"Great." Shota glared balefully at his roommate. "I'm sure it makes your boss happy."

"No one's suffering should be a happy occasion," he disagreed. "You know I only 'vibe' clean emotions? I can sense your love for her."

Elly nearly spit out her coffee. "Wait, what? You can?"

"I told you," the demon said stiffly. "But <i>now</i> you believe because he repeats it?"

"I - I don't know, it's just, you're a demon. We're taught you're here to hurt us and it's hard to get over that." She carefully swallowed and then set the cup down. "I did believe you, Shota. I do. But then it brings up something else, and it's hard for me to believe <i>I'm</i> corrupted." She started to shake and Hizashi reached out, concerned.

"Elly?"

Shota frowned, concern overriding his grumpiness. He placed a hand on her forehead. "Fuck, Zashi," he grunted. "We're not concentrating enough on <i>her</i>. You get the good emotions, right? I feel the bad, and she's really upset."

She shook her head. "No, I know, but I'm okay -"

"Bullshit," Shota snorted. "And I know what's causing it."

"What? Stress over the case?"

"Guys..."

"No."

"Well? What, then?"

"Guys!" Elly shouted, her cheeks stained pink from holding in her emotions so tightly. "I'm guilty, okay? I'm not supposed to love two men. I don't want to lose either one of you. I'm a <i>terrible</i> person!"

"Those are your societal norms speaking. The ones you grew up with that told you how to think." Shota nodded towards the angel, who was finishing the cup of coffee, his eyes worried.

"Uh. Well, he's right, to a degree." He sighed and put the cup back on the table again. "Although the Old Testament describes numerous examples of polygamy among devotees to God, most Christian groups have historically rejected the practice of polygamy and have upheld monogamy alone." Hizadhi paused. "I'm ashamed to say I doubted, yet I researched it and the short of it is that <i>religion</i> says no, but the Book says it's fine. I personally would go by the Book rather than human interpretation."

Elly remained unconvinced. "So an <i>angel</i> is telling me it's okay."

He squirmed a little under her scrutiny, but held firm. "People twist the words to mean what they want all the time. The debates about this focus almost exclusively on polygyny, though - a man with more than one wife -- rather than polyandry, which would, uh, I guess apply to us. If we were married."

"I feel bad about it. If there's more than one of anything, there's going to be a favorite. <i>That's</i> human nature, and I don't want to hurt anyone. I'm..." She breathed in a shaky breath, grasping his arm suddenly. "I don't want to lose you!"

Shota watched this display with lidded eyes. He knew she loved the angel more than him already - did she not realize that? All he wanted was his piece of her heart that she kept denying him, small as it might be.

"You won't, love," Hizashi told her quietly. "I told you. Wherever you go, I'm there. That means I'll share you if need be. He's... not really bad. I think."

"You're serious." Shota sat stunned on the opposite side of the couch. "You <i>are</i>? Well, I'll be damned."

The angel snorted laughter this time. "Uh huh. Nothing new, then."

Elly stared at them both as if they'd gone mad. "B - but, but..."

"I'll explain it in better detail, mistress." Shota pulled her hand towards him and kissed her palm. This effectively quieted her so he could get her full attention. "Our relationship will be based on our needs. None of us are interested in anyone else - it's just Hizashi, me, and you. Correct?"

Hizashi nodded towards her and she did, albeit hesitantly. "Yeah, I mean, but am I wrong to keep you all to myself?"

"No," Shota told her gently but firmly. "You're not wrong, because we're <i>all consenting to that</i>. No one else. You need that commitment, mistress. I know you."

"You've got it," Hizashi murmured. The dark-haired being grinned at him, tugging on her hand to suggest he wanted more contact. Elly glanced over, worried, but the angel nodded. "Yeah."

Shota pulled her onto his lap with a pleased growl, some of the discontent draining from his features. His grin grew bigger as he continued, inhaling the freshly-washed scent of her hair and tickling her neck with his stubble as he grew closer. "All we need to be is honest with each other. If you want one or both of us -"

Hizashi choked. "Both?!"

"...or <i>both</i> of us," the demon repeated, staring directly into the other's startled golden eyes, "just say so. Whatever you need. We'll do the same and tell you when we crave attention."

"W - wait a minute, both of ..!"

"Some things can wait." Shota shrugged, licking the sensitive skin near her ear while he continued eye contact with the shaken angel. "I, however, am not one of them. Not anymore."
















No comments:

Post a Comment