Monday, November 26, 2018

King of my Heart - 3

"King of my Heart - 3"

orig. 11/26/2018
BNHA Elly (Cheshire) x Hizashi Yamada (Present Mic)
Inspired by "King of my Heart" by Taylor Swift 
Non-Canon based off manga/anime
PG

.
.
.




"What?"

"Is Mr. Aizawa okay?"

"Hey, she won - but what the hell happened?!"

The students crowding the sidelines were chattering away. Midnight prodded Aizawa's inert form and sighed again. She wasn't about to ask the blond-haired fool to bring his friend to the nurse. At the moment, the idiot looked like he didn't know which foot to stand on.

"I'll take him," Snipe said quietly. She jumped; she hadn't even noticed him there. But she nodded gratefully as the big man lumped Eraser over his shoulder and strode off. Mic stared after them for a moment and then also left, rounding the opposite corner as he stomped angrily off.

Elly groaned dismally. "What a mess." 

"Well, time for damage control." Midnight chuckled. "It's not so bad. Although, I must admit I'm surprised. I didn't know the scruffy guy had that in him!"

"Ugh." Elly's ears drooped even further. She could still feel his lips pressing so urgently to hers - and they had certainly not been the ones she had dreamed of the other night.

Cementoss motioned to them secretly and they sidled over. "I hate to tell you, but Jiro heard." He paused, since Elly didn't know their names yet. "The one with the ear jacks. Pale girl, red teardrop makeup."

"Oh, shit." She clapped a hand over her face. "She heard me say..?"

"Yes."

"Quickly, then." Midnight snapped her fingers and raised her voice. "All right, everyone! We're gonna have another general assembly for 1-A and 1-B. Now."

Elly controlled her emotions and walked as fast as she could back to the room they had spoken to the students in before. She was in front of the kids before all of them had piled in and saw every one of 1-A's shocked faces - Aizawa was their homeroom teacher, after all. It was difficult to wait until the entire group was settled, but when Snipe arrived with the news that their teacher was fine and would be with them shortly they calmed down a bit. 

The cat woman cleared her throat. "Okay, then. Let's start off simple. My quirk is invisibility - " she smiled faintly when the invisible girl she'd noticed before cheered and got loudly shushed by her friends. "And although it's rare, mine is different than most invisible quirks. I control what I want to be invisible. Myself, my clothes, other items or people."

The door slammed open and she jumped, her tail shooting straight up behind her and her ears flicking wildly. The other staff made room for the English teacher as Present Mic made his way to one side, his face like a thundercloud. Elly bit her lip, her pale features seeming to turn whiter as her cheeks burned. Yet she pulled her chin up with an effort and continued on. "It's not enough to turn invisible if you want to catch villains, though. I have a degree in psychology, enough to suggest certain things while engaging people." 

She held up a hand, flexing the paw pads on her glove. "These have claws, just like a real cat." Several sharp, thin metal pieces slid out. "They're coated in a hallucinogenic drug. Nothing poisonous, just enough to keep someone tractable. Also easily suggestible to anything I may have suggested earlier."

One of the students raised their hand and she nodded. "But you asked Mr. Aizawa if he was afraid of anything."

She glanced aside at Mic, but couldn't tell if he was watching with the reflective shades he wore. "Yes." Knowing her audience and their ages, she knew what they would be focused on, so she continued before the inevitable follow-up question was asked. "Some people are afraid of losing control of their emotions. Others..." She paused, then risked a very open look at the fuming Hizashi. "...might not want to hurt their friends with those feelings."

He started back a little, obviously taken aback. "Hallucinogen?"

"He was drugged, and he did something he isn't entirely responsible for."

"And something she isn't entirely responsible for," Midnight added, staring at the shaken Mic. 

There was a weary sigh then, and the click of a door shutting. Aizawa was back, looking more tired than usual. Mineta hooted raucously and he snapped his head to the side, hair rising and eyes glaring red. The small young man whimpered and sank down in his chair. 

"I think," Aizawa said in his usual deadpan voice, "I need to say a few things." He walked over to Elly and exhaled once more, rubbing at his eyes. "I acted in a very irrational manner. I apologize for the liberties I took."

"Liberties?" His friend choked on the plural of the word.

"Relax, Mic," Midnight hissed. 

Elly accepted his apology rather formally, and he spoke to some length to the classes gathered - with quite a lot of threats when they started teasing him again. It seemed such a long time, but eventually the kids and teachers went their separate ways as the final bell rang. Elly thanked every religious icon she could under her breath that the assembly had been the last event of the day. She slunk sadly into the lounge to get her things and froze when she saw Aizawa waiting for her.

He held up a hand. "Wait - I am sorry. I promise you I will never do anything like that again."

"I know." She grabbed her bag from a locker nearby. "It's just..."

"Mic has been my friend since high school."

Her ears perked. "Wh - what?"

"He likes you," Aizawa said firmly. "I've never seen him so besotted with anyone." He grimaced. "I'm ... attracted to you."

"I know. You know, you intrigue me, if I have to be honest."

He laughed dryly. "You two will be better together. He comes in to get his things almost like clockwork, a few minutes from now. Be here for that."

"But - but he's so angry and I - what do I say?"

"You'll know." He shrugged and walked out.

"Well, crap." She sat heavily in one of those plastic chairs they had pulled up to the table in the middle of the room. Her striped tail swished madly about, slapping the floor in a restless beat. 

Aizawa ran into his friend as he was striding down the hall. Hizashi pulled up and would have ducked into a nearby room but he stopped him. "Knock it off, Mic," he grunted. "I said I was sorry. You know I was drugged."

"Damn it, Sho!" He ripped his arm out of his friend's grip. "I know that. I didn't know you liked her, though."

"She's a cat," he said as if that explained everything. 

"Yeah ... but you've seen cat anthros before. What the hell, man? I - I really like her, too." He glanced off to the side, face burning at the admission.

"We can all see how much you like her."

"Whaaa?!"

"You're not good at hiding your emotions, remember? No, shut up for once." He dug around in his clothing and found his wallet. "Here -" Mic's hand was suddenly full of money. "Take her out someplace. On me. Just don't mention me. Don't let this ruin ...that." He pointed back, over his shoulder at the lounge where she waited.

"Shota?"

"You're gonna have to ask her out." Aizawa turned on his heel and walked off as fast as he could.

"Shota, wait!" Mic's voice was filled with panic. "What if she says no?"

"Not going to happen," he muttered under his breath as he slipped out of view.

Hizashi's eyes were huge behind the orange shades he wore during classes. He fidgeted with his long leather collar, staring ahead at the door to the lounge. "Nothing to it," he swallowed hard, gulping past the anxiety he felt, "but to do it, I guess." He put his hand out and pushed the door open.

Elly was sitting on one of those thin plastic chairs in there, staring out the windows on the far side. She nearly fell when he came into the room, and Mic stumbled trying to support her so she wouldn't fall. He caught her arm by the elbow, stabilizing her for a brief moment, but then she swayed again when she realized who had touched her. 

"Yeek! Sorry, oh god, sorry." She placed a hand over her mouth, breathing hard. 

"No uh, I - I'm sorry." He pulled another chair out, spun it the wrong way and sat facing her. "I sort of got jealous today." He looked away, blushing. "Shota's my friend, and I - I really like you. It messed me up more than I thought."

She nodded. "I wish I hadn't scratched him."

He chuckled a little. "You won, though. Not a lot of people can take Eraserhead down like that."

"I just caught his flag. Not like I won a battle or anything." 

"Yeah, but it was still impressive."

"Maybe," she hedged. "I still wish it hadn't happened. Because I ... like you, too." She reached out and then stopped, hand wavering in midair. 

Hizashi raised his eyebrows. "S'okay..?"

Elly took a deep breath and lightly touched the side of his face. When she did, however, she forgot everything she wanted to say. He had dropped his head on his arms, and his glasses had slipped a notch, revealing those glorious spiralled pupils that she had gotten lost in the other night. 

"Hey," he said softly.

"Oh!" She gasped and snatched her hand back.

"It's okay." A big grin slowly spread across his features, banishing the nerves he'd been displayed recently. "Really. I mean, it will be if you'll go out with me tonight."

"Go out?"

"They have dates in America, right?"

Her ears flicked straight up. "Yes!" She giggled faintly, then nodded. "To both. Wait -" She grabbed her things and rummaged around in her bag. "Here's my number," she said shyly, waiting while he all but snatched his phone out of his pocket. "I'm at the local hotel right around the corner. Room 15b."

"6 o'clock?"

"That's great."

Mic's grin grew even broader. "Better than that! Yeah! It's awesome!" He leaped to his feet and pointed at the clock with a flourish. "Dinner and a movie?"

"It's a date," she agreed.


No comments:

Post a Comment